TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Live band

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Hatfield Main miners welfare club will be serving beer at 1985 prices all day tomorrow with live entertainment in the evening.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,122 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Will the band be doing any Honeybus covers?

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#3 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

Your just wanting non locals to turn up to sacrifice to the sun god.

#4 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

Will the band be doing any Honeybus covers?

Doors open at 9am -

Hatfield Main is still a working mine and was ironically targeted by Maggie to be closed the first in Doncaster.

#5 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

Doors open at 9am -

Hatfield Main is still a working mine and was ironically targeted by Maggie to be closed the first in Doncaster.

So....pit still open....MWC still open.......You trying to say she saved the mining industry? 

Edited by Li0nhead, 16 April 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#6 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

So....pit still open....MWC still open.......You trying to say she saved the mining industry? 

Not at all, Hatfield had to produce 26,000 tons to break even while in the hands of British Coal, after a management buy out that figure went down to 6,000 tons. 

#7 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

Not at all, Hatfield had to produce 26,000 tons to break even while in the hands of British Coal, after a management buy out that figure went down to 6,000 tons. 

So not only are you saying she saved the mining industry, you are saying the workers, working practices and systems were so bad that once it went private they only had to produce slightly more than 1/4 of previously profitable production estimated levels to remain profitable?

Sounds like you are arguing for privatisation. 

Edited by Li0nhead, 16 April 2013 - 11:30 PM.

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

So not only are you saying she saved the mining industry, you are saying the workers, working practices and systems were so bad that once it went private they only had to produce slightly more than 1/4 of previously profitable production estimated levels to remain profitable?

Sounds like you are arguing for privatisation. 

If you call one working mine being left out of ten then yes and I didn't mention working practices or systems but because you've mentioned them I can only tell you what I've been told, since going private there has been more major accidents in the industry.

When the mine was in the hands of BC it had to hire it's equipment from BC which forced up the break even tonnage and it also employed 2,000 men, when it went private it employed less men and the equipment belonged to the mine.

#9 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

I know, i know you are totally correct. I was joking.

The downside is the mining unions were right when she targeted them, their problem was crying wolf too many times in the past meant the majority of the population did not believe them.

#10 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

I know, i know you are totally correct. I was joking.

The downside is the mining unions were right when she targeted them, their problem was crying wolf too many times in the past meant the majority of the population did not believe them.

Cried wolf,

The attacks on the miners and other heavy industries started many years before 1984, the seeds where sown after the Ridley report in 1974 which suggested contingency planning to defeat any challenge from trade unions.

The Tory government had manoeuvred for years to avoid a premature battle with the miners. In 1981 sweeping pit closures were announced, and then withdrawn when a wave of strikes swept the coalfields. The Tories were determined that the battle would come when the government was ready and thought the time right. In 1981 they weren't ready.

#11 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

Cried wolf,

The attacks on the miners and other heavy industries started many years before 1984, the seeds where sown after the Ridley report in 1974 which suggested contingency planning to defeat any challenge from trade unions.

The Tory government had manoeuvred for years to avoid a premature battle with the miners. In 1981 sweeping pit closures were announced, and then withdrawn when a wave of strikes swept the coalfields. The Tories were determined that the battle would come when the government was ready and thought the time right. In 1981 they weren't ready.

So strike at the drop of a hat then, cut off power to millions, bully others into not working with traveling mobs, let the working masses suffer now as some day the Tories will target us! They are trying to destroy us!

And again. 

And again.

And again.

Bravo guys That will really get the public support at some point in the future when you are right.....

Edited by Li0nhead, 17 April 2013 - 12:23 AM.

#12 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,625 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

So strike at the drop of a hat then, cut off power to millions, bully others into not working with traveling mobs, let the working masses suffer now as some day the Tories will target us! They are trying to destroy us!

And again. 

And again.

And again.

Bravo guys That will really get the public support at some point in the future when you are right.....

strike at the drop of a hat?

I think not.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#13 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

Hatfield Main miners welfare club will be serving beer at 1985 prices all day tomorrow with live entertainment in the evening.

Have a good day. I hope everybody enjoys themselves.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#14 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

What Marauder has forgot to add is they were charging £3+ a pint in 1985 :).

#15 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,625 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Have a good day. I hope everybody enjoys themselves.

seconded

my brother says he's dropped on lucky.

he was a miner, now he's a theatre porter at Pinderfields hospital

that's not the lucky part: the lucky part is that he was on nights yesterday and he'll be in bed all day today

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#16 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

seconded

my brother says he's dropped on lucky.

he was a miner, now he's a theatre porter at Pinderfields hospital

that's not the lucky part: the lucky part is that he was on nights yesterday and he'll be in bed all day today

I know exactly what he means.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users