League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tetley's Challenge Cup: Hull KR v St Helens KO 2.30pm (BBCTV)

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull KR by 13 points or more (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

2. Voted Hull KR by 7 to 12 points (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

3. Hull KR by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. St Helens by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [12.50%])

5. St Helens by 7 to 12 points (2 votes [12.50%])

6. St Helens by 13 points or more (2 votes [12.50%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Great game, good crowd and a Execellant effort from the 12 men of saints. Just wish dave woods would stop with the silly Greg Eden comparisons with billy slater, it's really annoying and does no favours for Greg Eden who is developing into a good player. Also the video ref replays took to long.

#62 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Oh well, that was always the likely outcome even before the red card.

Maybe this further lack of achievement will push us towards making the signings that we so desperately need, though I'd be amazed if anyone is brought in before the start of 2014 so i guess for the second year in a row we're writing the season off at an early stage.

A big congratulations to Hull KR who were worthy winners today.

Nobody can say what the outcome would have been if Meli had stayed on but Saints being a man light on the left was a crucial factor in Hull KR's two second half tries. I really think Saints were gaining the upper hand before the sending off.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#63 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Nobody can say what the outcome would have been if Meli had stayed on but Saints being a man light on the left was a crucial factor in Hull KR's two second half tries. I really think Saints were gaining the upper hand before the sending off.

Aye you're not wrong, I'm probably being too pesimistic about it all.  It's just frustrating seeing the same kind of performances with the same issues every time.

#64 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

With 2 such evenly matched teams, nd a decent crowd, that was very enjoyable. Actually, I am happy with the WC mentions. One of the biggest hurdles we face as a sport is a lack of wider appreciation that we have a glorious history.
Eden is a one man excitement machine - as likely to give away a try as save one or make one. With him, Patterson, Burns and Hobson, they provide great entertainment.
It would be wonderful for Hudgell to have a cup run to relish. If Wire/Leeds/Wigan/Giants play each other, who knows how far they could go?

#65 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Don't see the issue with the WC promo, surely anything is better than nothing. A decent mention before, during and after the CC games on the BBC is worth millions in terms of commercial exposure.

sorry, it's just that I cant believe we are settling for anything is better than nothing. 

Totally agree.

please don't take this the wrong way? How old are you both?

#66 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Are we an exciting sport for a new world, cause all that story left me thinking is, hmm WC in 195.. whatever year. Oh, look at all that old coverage, how nice.

when it should of had music, NRL footage, interviews, explosions, ........ and anything better than explosions!

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#67 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

Statties,you are in a minority of one,go and think of something else to complain about,before you embarass yourself further.

#68 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

At HT, it was terrible! It wasn't the most inspiring story. It shoulda been the biggest advert the RFL has ever made. Not just for the fact it is World Cup year and the roll a successful one is so valuable to next year and any viewing potential sponsors, investors, I can go on.

Are we an exciting sport for a new world, cause all that story left me thinking is, hmm WC in 195.. whatever year. Oh, look at all that old coverage, how nice.

when it should of had music, NRL footage, interviews, explosions, ........ and anything better than explosions!

The worst part of it all....

effectively it is one of the fewest op's the sport gets to advertise for free to its largest audiences of each year to come up with the advertisement of their lives.

Both RFL and BBC should be ashamed!

Thank Christ it was such a good game.

yes and it wouldn't do any harm to have a couple of huge pitch ads promoting it as well.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#69 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

you're right!

Where the hell were the explosions with Bruce Willis diving through them to score a try for USA in the 2013 World Cup Final???

anyone? 

where were they?

#70 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Very good game , The Greg Eden show really, HKR could have won that a lot more comfortably If they had taken the right options with the passes, Congrats to Saints who put in a good second half, but they need to clean up their game somewhat. Well done HKR a deserved win.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#71 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

Good game, thoroughly enjoyed it. And we appear to, at last, have at least one ko time for the WC - England - Australia 2.00 pm, Cardiff.

#72 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Not sure of the error count but Saints didn't help themselves. Whether the sending off made the difference is open to debate. Still, very entertaining and well done KR. Crowd just under 4,500. First time in 18 years that the Saints have gone out in their first match in the Cup. 

Edited by Saint Billinge, 20 April 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#73 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Not sure of the error count but Saints didn't help themselves. Whether the sending off made the difference is open to debate. Still, very entertaining and well done KR. Crowd just under 4,500. First time in 18 years that the Saints have gone out in their first match in the Cup. 

The amount of possession and position that Hull K R had they should have won by at least twenty points. The send off was a big factor in deciding the winners IMO.

rldfsignature.jpg

#74 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

I'm not one to get into under reporting/over reporting conspiracies but if that crowd was under 4500 I'm a monkeys uncle! I think the rfl will be saying the same thing when hull kr try and give them their supposed share if the gate!
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#75 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,782 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

good looking crowd

Eh?  :O  Oh I see. You mean as in the number of people there.

And what about the "technical difficulties" in the 2nd half meaning we couldn't hear Ganson?

Was it a case of him saying "Turn that bloody microphone off" as he was cheering for Saints?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#76 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

I thought the crowd looked embarrassing. Cup match, two SL teams and a whole stand was empty!

#77 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,040 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

I have to agree with you there (And you know me for usually accusing the RFL of over reporting gates) the main stand seating (when seen) looked full and the terracing to with maybe also 300 Saints fans behind the goal.

I reckon more like 6000 would be a fair estimate thats 1500 less at around 15 quid average 50% to Saints:(((((

CM

Where do you get 50% from?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#78 Marty Funkhouser

Marty Funkhouser
  • Coach
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

I thought the crowd looked embarrassing. Cup match, two SL teams and a whole stand was empty

The health and safety bods tend to not like clubs opening stands that are currently under construction....

#79 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

The health and safety bods tend to not like clubs opening stands that are currently under construction....

Haha! I sit corrected! Fair enough then

#80 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,676 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Terrific game, really enjoyed it. Saints played well with twelve but Hull KR hd enough brains and skill around the park to win it, deservedly.

You can tell it's a good game because the best the moaners can come up with on this thread is something about a World Cup promo and an unfinished stand being empty. :wacko:

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users