Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tetley's Challenge Cup Fourth Round (19-21 April)

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Which of these ties is the most interesting pairing to you? (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these ties is the most interesting pairing to you?

1. Voted Wigan Warriors v Leigh Centurions (3 votes [5.77%])

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

2. Widnes Vikings v Doncaster (1 votes [1.92%])

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

3. Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Hemel Stags v Wakefield Wildcats (2 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

5. Sheffield Eagles v Dewsbury Rams (0 votes [0.00%])

6. London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers (17 votes [32.69%])

Percentage of vote: 32.69%

7. Hull Kingston Rovers v St Helens (1 votes [1.92%])

8. Hull FC v North Wales Crusaders (3 votes [5.77%])

9. Hunslet Hawks v Catalan Dragons (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Batley Bulldogs v Huddersfield Giants (6 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

11. Rochdale Hornets v Bradford Bulls (5 votes [9.62%])

Percentage of vote: 9.62%

12. Halifax v Barrow Raiders (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Keighley Cougars v Warrington Wolves (0 votes [0.00%])

14. University of Gloucestershire All Golds v Salford City Reds (1 votes [1.92%])

15. York City Knights v Toulouse Olympique (3 votes [5.77%])

16. Whitehaven v Workington Town (8 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

17. None of them interest me. (2 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

28 - 24 at the Stobart, 17mins left

#22 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

James Deighton creams himself as McGuire scores

#23 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

McGuire in again Leeds deservedly pulling away

#24 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Widnes pulling away too now with a few tries in quick succession.....hat-trick for young Lawton tonight - 42 -24

#25 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

42 - 28 FT........sounded like for 60mins or so Donny were proving to be quite the handful with some worrying moments for the Widnes fans......perhaps ultimately fitness told

#26 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Whinos won 28-12

#27 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

The score line from the DW doesn't do Leigh justice, Wigan put in a professional performance, lost count of how many trys Leigh had disallowed, 3 maybe 4? Hats off to the traveling support still in full voice at the final hooter.

Still think it was a shame not to be at LSV a sub 7k crowd in there would have made for a much better occasion and dare I say it been more profitable for both clubs.

#28 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,227 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

The score line from the DW doesn't do Leigh justice, Wigan put in a professional performance, lost count of how many trys Leigh had disallowed, 3 maybe 4? Hats off to the traveling support still in full voice at the final hooter.

Still think it was a shame not to be at LSV a sub 7k crowd in there would have made for a much better occasion and dare I say it been more profitable for both clubs.

Leigh played at full tilt and Wigan put 60 on them, HKR played half hearted and got a record sore up their jumper.

On an average day league game the score could have been a record.

Fair play to the Leigh faithful for managing to sing abusive and offensive songs for a whole two hours.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#29 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

I quite like Dennis Betts,but the time must be coming when he can no longer say,'that was an unacceptable performance' and just carry on,surely he is going to have to accept responsibility for these unacceptable performances?

#30 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

Agree with Padge, it's a shame Leythers continue to have such a chip on their shoulder regarding Wigan when they are pretty much an irrelevance to us. They deserve some credit for turning out in numbers and continuing to get behind the team when clearly outclassed, however they really need to drop the "IRA" song and a few others.

#31 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

Whilst I don't like the flute song, you can't knock the 80 mins of singing and backing the team. AFAIK we don't set flares off and cause injury like the now banned trouble makers from Wigan (Brigantes are they)   - glasshouses & stones

Top effort from part time CH players, against the best team in SL

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#32 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,227 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Whilst I don't like the flute song, you can't knock the 80 mins of singing and backing the team. AFAIK we don't set flares off and cause injury like the now banned trouble makers from Wigan (Brigantes are they)   - glasshouses & stones

Top effort from part time CH players, against the best team in SL

Has anyone on here defended the idiots at Huddersfield?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#33 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

Didn't you accuse all Leythers there last night? or mention the Leythers clapping the Wigan team at the end? I also don't recall any trouble at all and 2000 on the lash is a big following.

#34 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

Steady on. It may come as a surprise but there is some intelligent life in Hudds. <_<

#35 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

I quite like Dennis Betts,but the time must be coming when he can no longer say,'that was an unacceptable performance' and just carry on,surely he is going to have to accept responsibility for these unacceptable performances?

So he prepares the players as any other match, and then those players put in a half hearted performance.

How is that Mr Betts fault?

Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#36 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

So he prepares the players as any other match, and then those players put in a half hearted performance.

How is that Mr Betts fault?

Was it a half-hearted performance? Didn't sound like it.....sounds like Donny turned up to turn us over

#37 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,451 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

IRA song? WTF
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#38 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Leigh played at full tilt and Wigan put 60 on them, HKR played half hearted and got a record sore up their jumper.

On an average day league game the score could have been a record.

Fair play to the Leigh faithful for managing to sing abusive and offensive songs for a whole two hours.

You sound particularly grumpy today.

#39 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

IRA song? WTF

Wigan (and a lot of NW towns) has a lot of catholic churches and schools, evident in a lot of the names of the amateur RL clubs - (wigan st patricks, ince st williams wigan st judes etc etc). I understand that leigh has more of a protestant history and so for some reason leigh fans bring up this rather tenuous link

Edited by chuffer, 20 April 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#40 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Wigan (and a lot of NW towns, inc widnes) has a lot of catholic churches and schools, evident in a lot of the names of the RL clubs - a lot have a "st" in the title. I understand that leigh has more of a protestant history and so for some reason leigh fans bring up this rather tenuous link

Sorry but I think that is nonsense. There is a lot of catholic heritage in Leigh as well - some English (as my fathers family are) and some Irish. My understanding was that NW England had a strong catholic tradition before the Irish started to migrate over anyhow, and I am personally interested in the historical aspect of this Leigh's (and the wider NWs) catholic history.

The whistle song (as well as "we love you Leythers") is something that has sprang up only relatively recently (about 10-15 years ago) and the bit at the end is an irrelvant tag on to rhyme. Personally I dont like the song because of this and much prefer "Leigh Rugby, Leigh Rugby......."

Edited by Lobbygobbler, 20 April 2013 - 02:11 PM.