Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tetley's Challenge Cup Fourth Round (19-21 April)

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Which of these ties is the most interesting pairing to you? (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these ties is the most interesting pairing to you?

1. Voted Wigan Warriors v Leigh Centurions (3 votes [5.77%])

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

2. Widnes Vikings v Doncaster (1 votes [1.92%])

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

3. Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Hemel Stags v Wakefield Wildcats (2 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

5. Sheffield Eagles v Dewsbury Rams (0 votes [0.00%])

6. London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers (17 votes [32.69%])

Percentage of vote: 32.69%

7. Hull Kingston Rovers v St Helens (1 votes [1.92%])

8. Hull FC v North Wales Crusaders (3 votes [5.77%])

9. Hunslet Hawks v Catalan Dragons (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Batley Bulldogs v Huddersfield Giants (6 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

11. Rochdale Hornets v Bradford Bulls (5 votes [9.62%])

Percentage of vote: 9.62%

12. Halifax v Barrow Raiders (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Keighley Cougars v Warrington Wolves (0 votes [0.00%])

14. University of Gloucestershire All Golds v Salford City Reds (1 votes [1.92%])

15. York City Knights v Toulouse Olympique (3 votes [5.77%])

16. Whitehaven v Workington Town (8 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

17. None of them interest me. (2 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Even the landlord of the pub we were in got them all singing when he stuck a Tom Jones cd on.

At your request no doubt.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#82 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Though the result was never in doubt today I must say the way the fans of the NW Crusaders enjoyed the game and the day out brought a bit of that cup magic back for me. They came to enjoy themselves and that's just what they did. Even the landlord of the pub we were in got them all singing when he stuck a Tom Jones cd on.

Crusaders fans are great, I've really enjoyed their company whenever I've been with them.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#83 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

At your request no doubt.

Well since you ######ed off with his Mrs Mills collection he had no choice!

#84 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Crusaders fans are great, I've really enjoyed their company whenever I've been with them.

They made my day to be honest, they were just happy to be there and enjoy themselves.

#85 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Cumbrian derby sounds a cracker, 10-8 to Workington after they kicked a couple of penalties.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#86 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Fax 52 Barrow 6. Fax fell asleep for 20 odd minutes in 2nd half. Good to see a number of championship sides still in and a big name fall at the first hurdle. Some great performances like Hemel, Doncaster, Batley against SL teams

Edited by Lounge Room Lizard, 21 April 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#87 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Some great performances like Hemel, Doncaster, Batley against SL teams

North Wales 36 points adrift with ten to go too.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#88 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Fantastic game at Whitehaven with Town running out 16-12 winners in a good old fashioned cup tie, the match went right down to the last second as a Haven player was held up over the line as the hooter sounded otherwise we might have had golden point.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#89 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

Great effort from Batley by the sounds of it. Feels like its been a good weekend for the Challenge Cup all round.
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#90 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

For education purposes only, Leighs dislike of anything Wigan originates from the  civil war, then the 1930's miners strikes and the birth of the Humble Pie Eater. It was ignited again as our land was seized in the 70's without either a war or election, followed by decades of legal rape and pillage.

It is not directed against a single Humble lad or lass but the term Wigan always brings puke to my throat and always will whilst we suffer at their hands and our land is occupied - Vive le revolution.

#91 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 731 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Same here.

#92 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 731 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Great effort from Batley by the sounds of it. Feels like its been a good weekend for the Challenge Cup all round.

Very close game - Batley pushed a fullish strength Giants all the way. Paul Anderson only rested Robinson and Fielden today.

#93 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Nearly 900 at the Prince of Wales Stadium in Cheltenham today (ignore the 533 figure online - that didn't take into account pre-sales by both clubs). Easy for Salford, though the All Golds had a good go and probably could have had a few more tries. Alan Hunte put out a young side, with four academy lads making their debuts. They all did well and look like decent prospects.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#94 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Nearly 900 at the Prince of Wales Stadium in Cheltenham today (ignore the 533 figure online - that didn't take into account pre-sales by both clubs). Easy for Salford, though the All Golds had a good go and probably could have had a few more tries. Alan Hunte put out a young side, with four academy lads making their debuts. They all did well and look like decent prospects.

Congratulations on staging the game and the tremendous crowd (where did you put them all?)

Shame about the battering but, as you said, you had a go; and there is an obvious gulf in class.

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#95 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

A huge well done to all at Cheltenham,and the All Golds hosting of Salford.

Lionel Hurst did well to have the mayor and mayoress in attendance and the home side put on a performance which must have impressed.

Despite the scoreline the part-timers maintained their discipline throughout - one flare-up before half time which affected the home player as Salford scored down his flank - and played enterprising rugby league for the full 80 minutes.

They were certainly well coached and their variation in plays and ideas kept the entertainment value high and tested Salford.

Certainly feel they have won new friends and will have more people looking for their results throughout the summer.

I wish them well.

#96 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,787 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

A huge well done to all at Cheltenham,and the All Golds hosting of Salford.
Lionel Hurst did well to have the mayor and mayoress in attendance and the home side put on a performance which must have impressed.
Despite the scoreline the part-timers maintained their discipline throughout - one flare-up before half time which affected the home player as Salford scored down his flank - and played enterprising rugby league for the full 80 minutes.
They were certainly well coached and their variation in plays and ideas kept the entertainment value high and tested Salford.
Certainly feel they have won new friends and will have more people looking for their results throughout the summer.
I wish them well.

Great news. Anyone got pics?

#97 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Great news. Anyone got pics?

There's one up on twitter

https://twitter.com/...293624952340480

Edited by Methven Hornet, 22 April 2013 - 11:58 AM.

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users