Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Karl Harrison linked with Cas Tigers position

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

http://www.mancheste...-sights-2636253

#2 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Can't see him leaving a club that appears to be moving forward for a club that seems to be in reverse.

#3 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Can't see him leaving a club that appears to be moving forward for a club that seems to be in reverse.

It's still a step up though isn't it (Cas being in Super League, Fax not being in Super League)

#4 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

He's denied it in this weeks League Express, also I thought I'd read somewhere that when he left Salford he resurected his business (bathroom fitting?)and was pretty successful meaning he didn't want a full time coaching position.

I suppose the business climate could have changed and he wants to play down speculation, if that's the case I'd like to see him give superleague another go, thought that on the whole he did well at Salford and was harshly treated for one bad season. Since then he's done very well at Batley and now Halifax.
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#5 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,678 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

It wasn't 1 bad season, we had 1 outstanding season following on from relegation and promotion. We made a great start but from the middle of the season lost most of the games. However the good start was enough to keep us 5th. The following season the performances were really awful.

I like Karl Harrison and he made a lot of changes within the club  especially the youth which Alan Hunte has built on.

His main failing was his reluctancy to adapt and change. The reason we lost so many games is because everyone knew the tactics.

He has a belief in his own abilities and seemed unwilling to accept help.

Karl blames Steve Simms I think.

I guess the Harrison situation is why I am concerned about Noble. I see them in the same mould.

#6 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

It's still a step up though isn't it (Cas being in Super League, Fax not being in Super League)

Will Cas be there much longer? I think there are changes coming anyway.

#7 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

It wasn't 1 bad season, we had 1 outstanding season following on from relegation and promotion. We made a great start but from the middle of the season lost most of the games. However the good start was enough to keep us 5th. The following season the performances were really awful.

I like Karl Harrison and he made a lot of changes within the club  especially the youth which Alan Hunte has built on.

His main failing was his reluctancy to adapt and change. The reason we lost so many games is because everyone knew the tactics.
He has a belief in his own abilities and seemed unwilling to accept help.

Karl blames Steve Simms I think.

I guess the Harrison situation is why I am concerned about Noble. I see them in the same mould.

Cheers for that, was posting from memory so I readily accept being corrected. He's done ok with Batley and seems to be doing ok with Halifax so maybe he's learned from his experience at Salford?

Edited by Cumbrian Fanatic, 17 April 2013 - 03:01 PM.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#8 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,678 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Karl is a great bloke and I'd love to see him back in SL. He would sort out all the back room problems

#9 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

Karl would frighten that team into winning games.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#10 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,678 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Ha, when at Salford Karl used to bring a sword to training, the sword was presented to him when he retired from RL. Karl used to tell fans he used to collect the sword and stick it into the turf near the players. He also had an old style axe with a long handle in the boot of his car.

#11 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

He's denied it in this weeks League Express, also I thought I'd read somewhere that when he left Salford he resurected his business (bathroom fitting?)and was pretty successful meaning he didn't want a full time coaching position.

I suppose the business climate could have changed and he wants to play down speculation, if that's the case I'd like to see him give superleague another go, thought that on the whole he did well at Salford and was harshly treated for one bad season. Since then he's done very well at Batley and now Halifax.

i also heard he was doing ok in the world of fitting bathrooms, should be good for him at cas as hes used to watching things go down the plug hole!

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#12 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Will Cas be there much longer? I think there are changes coming anyway.

No doubt your right, but I doubt Halifax (or indeed any championship club) will be promoted
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Karl Harrison was very critical of Cas after applying for the role last time. Went on record saying that Cas never got back to him even though he applied. Would be surprised if he applied again.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#14 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,131 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Karl Harrison was very critical of Cas after applying for the role last time. Went on record saying that Cas never got back to him even though he applied. Would be surprised if he applied again.

Any news on John Kear?

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#15 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Any news on John Kear?

No. Look at the Batley forum.

#16 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Any news on John Kear?

No, strongest rumour yet is that Stuart Raper is coming in to advise Danny and help in the recruitment of a new coach.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#17 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,131 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

No, strongest rumour yet is that Stuart Raper is coming in to advise Danny and help in the recruitment of a new coach.

I'd heard that and that Raper was paying his own way.Very admirable.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#18 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Just to be Kear, I think John would do a great job.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

http://www.castigers...cle.php?id=3104

Castleford Tigers wish to update supporters on the search for a new Head Coach.

Chief Executive, Steve Gill said: "We're progressing with our search for a new Head Coach. We have had a total of 10 applicants to date and we are busy assessing and meeting with them.

"We thought long and hard about Stuart Raper's offer to work with Danny Orr until the end of the season, however we have decided not to go down that route. I think that the financial outlay that would have been required to bring Stuart over could be used more wisely on a long-term appointment.

"We are still actively looking for a permanent Head Coach and will make a further announcement in due course."

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#20 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,641 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

http://www.castigers...cle.php?id=3104

'Bloody 'ell! Have you seen t'plane prices for that Australia? Not paying that.'

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users