TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

GILETS

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,650 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

what is the point of a warm jacket without sleeves?

I was recently bought one of these and I can't mke any sense of it.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#2 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,152 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

They're good for working in; leave your arms free.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#3 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

You could wear long gloves! :D Lads used to wear them at work as body-warmers, allowing freedom of movement for the arms. 

#4 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Belaying when climbing. Retains core warmth whilst allowing your arms more flexibility. Other outdoor activities where you want to keep your body warm but allow your arms to get air to prevent over heating. General day to day? Not much use beyond a fashion statement really.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#5 D9000

D9000
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Excellent wear for birdwatching, plenty of pockets, doesn't hamper your movement, doesn't get too warm and stifly.

#6 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,650 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

thanks guys

I've been out for a few walks wearing mine and my arms were frozen, especially when it was windy.

Not bad for gardening for reasons you give.

still undecided.

Also I look a ###### in one.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#7 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,837 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Also I look a ###### in one.

You do without one.

;) :D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#8 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Looking at fashion, I once used to sit in a cold bath in order to shrink my jeans. Some years later, I wore 40 inch Rupert type flared trousers. How fashion goes from one extreme to the other. 

Edited by Saint Billinge, 17 April 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#9 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

They're great for cycling at this time of year. You tend to overheat in a full jacket and your arms get soaked in sweat but you still need something to keep the wind chill of your chest. They're very effective when combined with arm warmers. When you warm up you just roll the arm warmers down. Much better for regulating your body temperature than a jacket.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#10 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

I have one that looks more like a life jacket when I wear it, I look an idiot, its about as far from a fashion statement as you get, I wear it alot!

Mainly over something not so warm, but windproof, ideal for walking the dog this time of year, when inevitably I set off in sunshine but by the time I arrive back the tempreture has plumeted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users