Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Do we have a game this weekend? And if so how many are we going to win by?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Cracking game today and an excellent defensive effort against the Giants especially as we were short of a prop. Anyone win the 》£400 golden gamble :)

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#42 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Batley's car-park wouldn't be big enough lol.

#43 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Cracking game today and an excellent defensive effort against the Giants especially as we were short of a prop. Anyone win the 》£400 golden gamble :)

So what was the crowd like (apart from ugly as usual  :O  ). Listened to the match  on radio Leeds on my way back from a day out, and the ground sounded a bit quiet, which seemed odd given the scoreline. Was hoping you lot would pinch it - I hate the giants. Sounded like a creditable performance from the doggies though..

#44 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Sounded like a cracking game and Batley's defence must have been excellent. No negative comments from me

#45 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

according to bbc just over 2000
Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#46 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm wearing sack cloth and ashes.  The best that I hoped for was to give the Giants a good game.  As it turned out, if the Gods had been with us, we could have won it. 

#47 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Sounded like a cracking game and Batley's defence must have been excellent. No negative comments from me

Batleys defence is the best in the league rombo..... If we only had the attacking flair of dewsbury i think we could do really well this year. Dewsburys second half displays this year have been amazing..

#48 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Would have thought they would have been more with it being a local derby

#49 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Like I said I am not being negative as Batley played well today.

#50 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Ur mere presence is negative noe go away!

#51 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Thanks ER. An afternoon of non sniping (both ways) should be observed after a terrific performance by our side.

They have done themselves, us and the championship proud. The fact that the giants kicked a drop goal with 2 minutes to go was a moral victory for us and a sign of true respect on their part.

In 22 years of watching the dogs I've never witnessed a better defensive structure than the one we have at the moment. Even more so today with only 3 props against a huge Huddersfield side.

To the 17 lads on show today...you were a total credit to our proud club.

We play like that consistently this year and there's no reason why we can't lift some silverware this year.

Immensely proud to be a batley fan right now.

#52 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Grow up henry. I'm simply paying compliments to what was a great performance by Batley.

#53 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

We dont need ur compliments thanks...read ur earlier posts in this thread... Please go away... Its batleys day today.. A great performance which indicates we have a great chance of winning a trophy this year. Bye eddie

#54 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

We dont need ur compliments thanks...read ur earlier posts in this thread... Please go away... Its batleys day today.. A great performance which indicates we have a great chance of winning a trophy this year. Bye eddie

I am quite happy to have his compliments!

#55 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 604 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

will you just go away....you annoying.....hm

Batley's car-park wouldn't be big enough lol.

#56 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

A fantastic effort by the team for the full 80 minutes. To be in the game against the second placed Super League team with 5 minutes to go speaks for itself. Would like to see Batley promote the £5 admission offer for Super League season ticket holders before the Featherstone game by maybe putting an advert in the Huddersfield Examiner, Yorkshire Evening Post and Wakefield Express. 

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#57 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

I'm sure you guys had a fantastic afternoon but this is a public forum open to all fans as is the Rams forum. Maybe you should have a look at your own supporters comments on the Rams forum and see its just a bit of banter between two rival clubs. I guess I do get a little carried away at times. Last comment of the day, you've got your wish. Bye!

#58 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

At last eddie has gone... No doubt coolie will be rearing his ugly head before long!!!

#59 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

I thought every last one of em played great today. Special mention to George, Mennel, Bryon and Breth

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#60 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

At last eddie has gone... No doubt coolie will be rearing his ugly head before long!!!

Do you really want a gladhanding, backslapping humourless forum henry ? As a rams supporter I enjoy the cut and thrust of the forum, and let's face it, at the moment the rams fans are always going to be on the wrong end of the banter. Take away coolie and PM and the world (forum world anyway) would be a duller place. If I were in your place at the moment henry, I would be smug and patronising with eddie - not curmudgeonly. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users