• 52 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Click here to read the e-release.

#2 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Thanks Scott, all the best for the future.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#3 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

All the best for the future

#4 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

Dewsbury Rams have today announced that Scott Spaven, announced as their joint captain for 2013, has asked that he be allowed to leave the club, a request which has been reluctantly granted. Scott has had some personal/family issues for some time and the regular travelling to and from his home in Hull hadn't allowed him to devote the time he needed to these issues. He has said that he doesn't intend to pack in the game altogether and will continue to keep fit by playing for an amateur club close to his home and family.

Scott arrived at the Rams from Doncaster at the start of the 2012 season. He played a total of 21 games last season scoring four tries and four goals and has appeared in six games (including three from the bench) adding a couple of goals to his career tally.

We would like to thanks Scott for all his efforts and service to the club and hope that everything works out for him in the future.

Interestingly I wasnt his biggest fan, but I think its worth noting that everyone that GM has tried since has been no better and I think we are actually missing is kicking game.  I wish him the best.

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,292 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Shame. I think he was underrated by many and has a lot of potential. Family comes first though.

Good luck Scott.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 962 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

All the best to him,does this mean we will be trying to keep hold of Bobbie Goulding Jr  for more then the one month we have him ?

#7 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

With all the spare cash the rams have at the mo perhaps a bonus payment Pryce might lift his enthusiasm?

Only trying to help you understand ;o)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#8 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

With all the spare cash the rams have at the mo perhaps a bonus payment Pryce might lift his enthusiasm?

Only trying to help you understand ;o

Pricey WILL come good and be made captain.

Johnson will be superfluous to requirements at Cas and join us permanently

O'Brien will be loaned to us until the end of the season

We will sign a big fast winger soon.

Just hoping you understand. ;)

#9 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Grumpy after youve finished with the tooth fairy

Send her my way please ;)

hopefully she wont have tampered with your
crystal b.alls too much making predictions
like that...hope you correct in all you wish for mate

#10 ramstieidie

ramstieidie
  • Coach
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

great servant always had time for the fans wish him the best of luk for the future goes with our well wishes

#11 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

The exodus has begun! Who will be next? i understand some players attend all training sessions, but don't get a look in; Young Schofield springs to mind.

I also have to wonder about the explanation for the release, nicely phrased with 'personal problems' and to 'spend time with family'.

I wish him well.

Edited by Crown Flatter, 18 April 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#12 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Signed Kieron Hyde as is replacement. A halfback who was at Wakefield and Bradford and as superleague experience with them

#13 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Scored 5 try's in 13 in 2011 with wakey and kicked 6 goals too. Can also play fullback. I don't think he played the game last year over here though.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 18 April 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#14 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

One player is not an exodus and the fact he has not signed for another team suggests it is for personal reasons. Has he joined another club you might have been right.

#15 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

One player is not an exodus and the fact he has not signed for another team suggests it is for personal reasons. Has he joined another club you might have been right.

The problem is WR, usually when a club says "...has left for family/personal reasons" it translates directly to "has decided he doesn't want to play anymore or been sacked" (Put it into google translate, from Bullshitting to English and you'll see)

That said, if it is a genuine reason then I do wish him all the best.

Edited by funkmaster flex, 18 April 2013 - 08:44 PM.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users