TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

GOR - whilst I agree with some of your points, you do need experience as well and Wigan had plenty of experienced players as well and soldiers will have older officers with them. And Alan Hansen is right, think back to great teams and they weren't all kids, experienced teams wi,n.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 21 April 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#62 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Then why did your coach sign so many? And how many old hands are enough?

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#63 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

GOR - whilst I agree with some of your points, you do need experience as well and Wigan had plenty of experienced players as well and soldiers will have older officers with them. And Alan Hansen is right, think back to great teams and they weren't all kids, experienced teams wi,n.

That's my point though WR, we don't have any players that I would call kids so I doubt they will get much better - time to stand up and be counted I reckon.  Unfortunately two of our most experienced players can't manage a full half between them, which means our interchanges are compromised - you can afford one passenger but not two. We can't afford to chop and change anymore, so a settled side containing our most experienced players is a must IMO. So my team for worky would include Craven (not played as well under GM, but he is still no worse than his replacements). Then it would be Austin, Rhodes, Hyde and Morton in the backs. Johnston and Brown at halfback. Lillicrop, Tebb (O'Brien if available) and Hepworth, Pryce  Spicer and Coleman in the back row. Interchanges Aizue, Walshaw, Jones and one of Cosgrove, Tonks or Hales. That should provide a blend of experience and youth that could and should be allowed to settle. I'd also make Pryce captain - and I'm deadly serious - the responsibility might be the making of him.

#64 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

I agree that Pryce should be made captain. He'd have to lead from example then.

#65 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Pardon me GOR, who is Rhodes?

I was there yesterday and found our first half game most entertaining with a useful kicking game and taking the ball to the defence. In the second period you could see we were not going to score with too much barging at their defence, nobody backing up and what passing game we did have was painfully slow. We do need to tackle the opposing players better; we struggle to bring a man down with no-one grabbing the legs and a team mate covering the ball. Time and again we heard shouts of ' Man and ball Dews' * Get the legs' (not just me here).

Pryce at full back? Well he had a useful kicking game; defensively he was no better or worse than anyone else who has played there; on attack, unfortunately, two or three times when he had the ball, there was encouragement for him to run, but he didn't!

I did look for the little things he does that others don't see and.....I didn't see them either.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#66 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

What was the crowd CF

or was it a small gathering rather than a crowd ?

#67 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

What was the crowd CF

or was it a small gathering rather than a crowd ?

According to Sporting Life, 467 at Sheffield.

#68 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

it was announced as 467 Coolie. It looked like there were more people on the field with players, backroom staff, match officials, Eaglettes and their swan-thingy mascot than supporters watching. Big stadium like that and you could hear the players shouting!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#69 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

I agree that Pryce should be made captain. He'd have to lead from example then.

The second he gets a better offer he'll be off.

The last thing Dewsbury need to do is offer him a captaincy.

Were all sideline coaches, but imo GM needs to get them all in training Monday evening and have them run to the moon and back. twice.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#70 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

How's he going to get a better offer playing the way he is?

#71 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

How's he going to get a better offer playing the way he is?

The boy can play Eddie.

We both know that.

Edited by funkmaster flex, 21 April 2013 - 08:19 PM.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#72 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

But he never really stood out at Bradford or any of his other clubs. He was always 2nd best to his brother leon!

#73 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

I'm glad i saved my monet now.

Le déjeuner sur l'herbe, peut-être?

Or water-lilies?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#74 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

But he never really stood out at Bradford or any of his other clubs. He was always 2nd best to his brother leon!

Good point Eddie. He has always had massive potential but a long line of coaches have been unable to turn that into results. If he continues to be unworthy of a place then he should be dropped, assuming that we do have someone better to take his place.

When this does happen, however, who's fault will the next defeat be?

:unsure:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#75 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

I'm glad i saved my monet now.

Le déjeuner sur l'herbe, peut-être?

Or water-lilies?

Something of a Red Arrows post SJS.                               B)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#76 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

Pardon me GOR, who is Rhodes?

I was there yesterday and found our first half game most entertaining with a useful kicking game and taking the ball to the defence. In the second period you could see we were not going to score with too much barging at their defence, nobody backing up and what passing game we did have was painfully slow. We do need to tackle the opposing players better; we struggle to bring a man down with no-one grabbing the legs and a team mate covering the ball. Time and again we heard shouts of ' Man and ball Dews' * Get the legs' (not just me here).

Pryce at full back? Well he had a useful kicking game; defensively he was no better or worse than anyone else who has played there; on attack, unfortunately, two or three times when he had the ball, there was encouragement for him to run, but he didn't!

I did look for the little things he does that others don't see and.....I didn't see them either.

Rhodes ? Yeah I can't explain it either. Gregg Scott = Scott Rhodes = Greg Rhodes - that must have been it, I'm getting my eras mixed up. You'll be the same when you get to my age  :lol: Oh - hang on - you are :O  

#77 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Is Glen trying to find a position to suite him he played fullback for England u16's i think at craven park (HKR) years ago just get him in the pack second row and get the big ox grafting he has the size shame he hasnt the heart.

#78 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Something of a Red Arrows post SJS.                               B)

Not for me Johnny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#79 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Not for me Johnny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone don there tin foil hats the intelectuals are having another back slapping loveathon

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#80 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Thought we played well in the first half, following the game plan, not so good in the second half, not following the game plan.

Glenn should have a word with the players who are not following instruction and drop them from the team.

Pryce should be moved to loose forward and Brown back to stand off.

Would like to see Brown and new signing Hyde play a few games together( as they are both signed for Dewsbury and not on loan).

Goulding is a good kicker but defence is poor and on loan, Johnson another loanee not really up to this level.

Lets go with our players for a few games and see how we go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users