Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Latvia Rugby League News

RLEF media release

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Scotland Rugby League has hosted three delegates from Latvia who observed the Bravehearts’ U15 and U16 national camp held at Sportscotland’s National Centre in Largs.

Also, as part of the RLEF’s European Commission-backed Governance Foundation Project, the trio participated in an SRL Board meeting,  the trip forming the second phase of an exchange after SRL National Development Manager Mark Senter visited Riga in December 2012.

Vilmars Sokolovs, Latvia Rugby League Manager, said: "It was extremely interesting to discover that the actual and sometimes problematic issues of SRL are amazingly similar to us - the difference is just their scale. The knowledge and experience that we gained here, as well as SRL and RLEF help, will allow us to overcome the difficulties faced by all countries where rugby of any kind is not a traditional sport.

“Our coaches - Aivis Ashmanis, Janis Pashkus and myself - had the opportunity to work and gain experience with leading Scottish youth coaches as well as Super League club St Helens, whose development manager Neil Kilshaw and youth team coach Steven Leonard were also present. The skills and experience that we obtained are invaluable for the whole of Latvian rugby league, we have friends who  can help us with advice, knowledge and share experience.”

SRL’s Mark Senter added: “My visit to Latvia in 2012 gave me a good indication of how Scotland could better support Latvia Rugby League. The national camp had a clear focus on planning and reviewing coaching practices which I hope will be beneficial to Vilmars, Janis and Aivis in the future. We hope to organise a development tour there in 2014 to help them raise the awareness of rugby league in Latvia.”

PHIL CAPLAN

RLEF MEDIA OFFICER

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 441 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

I didn't even know Latvia were still around, they don't seem to have done anything for years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users