#1 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

FROM BACK INT DAY-

miss- long hot summers

dont miss- nylon and woolen bedding

Edited by bedlam breakout, 18 April 2013 - 04:55 PM.

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#2 D9000

D9000
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Miss: Sunday league cricket on BBC 2.  Corporation buses.  Newspapers with summat worth reading in them. Football worth watching. Watersheddings. Humph. Spike. AJP Taylor. Eric Morecambe. Bill Shankly. Richie Benaud. Motor racing. Jim Clark. Cheap entry to sport. My grandad.

Don't miss: Smog. Cod liver oil. School. Jimmy Hill. Alex Murphy. Mudbath rugby. Eddie Waring. Early shifts. Hay fever. Don Revie. Bernie Winters. Bill Maclaren. Murray Walker. Show jumping on TV. #### Craddock. No central heating. No air conditioning. Stringy underwear. Top of the Pops. Vinyl records. British Railways. Thrum Hall. Oldham.

#3 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Miss: Sunday league cricket on BBC 2.  Corporation buses.  Newspapers with summat worth reading in them. Football worth watching. Watersheddings. Humph. Spike. AJP Taylor. Eric Morecambe. Bill Shankly. Richie Benaud. Motor racing. Jim Clark. Cheap entry to sport. My grandad.

Don't miss: Smog. Cod liver oil. School. Jimmy Hill. Alex Murphy. Mudbath rugby. Eddie Waring. Early shifts. Hay fever. Don Revie. Bernie Winters. Bill Maclaren. Murray Walker. Show jumping on TV. #### Craddock. No central heating. No air conditioning. Stringy underwear. Top of the Pops. Vinyl records. British Railways. Thrum Hall. Oldham.

u didnt give it much thought then?

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#4 D9000

D9000
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

u didnt give it much thought then?

Pure stream of consciousness, mate.

#5 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

miss- proper pop in proper pop bottles

dont miss- hours of the "test card"

#6 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,185 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

MISS: Central Working Men's club (membership number 1214), affordable made to measure suits, my mate Mac Price, My Gran's living room at 16 Albert Street: all human life was there supping from her seemingly bottomless teapot, having a new class in front of me in September, hitch hiking, writing letters to people.

DON'T MISS: 1970s Rugby League, zits(although I don't mind the odd one as a leisure activity), being inadequately clothed in winter, being skint all the time, vinyl records, radio 1 in its smashie and nicey era and  its current form, radio 2 during its every other record being a walk in the black forest era, breathing second hand cig smoke all the time and perpetually stinking of it, having to pay bus fare.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#7 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,277 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Miss: Local small gigs of well known bands.or great bands that have fallen from grace. Pre-match drinks on the doorstep of the ground. The long journey home from work on public transport with time to read the evening paper and get stuck into a good book.

Don't Miss: Getting up at 6:00 every weekday to travel on public transport for an hour to get to work for a 7:45am start. Greenhall's beer. Clocking on.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#8 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Miss being skint!

Miss my Toyota Carina.

Miss decent Summers.

Miss family and friends now gone to heaven.

Miss our Stu being little and taking him to all the Saints away matches.

Miss most of my ex-clients now that I'm retired.

Miss going to Fev, Oldham, Workington, Whitehaven and other clubs to watch the Saints. 

Miss my Army mates, who were the best.

Miss the atmosphere at Central Park.

Don't miss night-shifts.

Don't miss our Stu's horrible ex-girlfriend.

Don't miss going to work in the snow.

Don't miss the verbal abuse suffered for five years in a factory, and all just over ageism. 

Edited by Saint Billinge, 18 April 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#9 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Miss - my youth

Don't miss - being young
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#10 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

dont miss- hours of the "test card"

did you not think to turn the channel over?

#11 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

Miss:

Playing rugby

Having women be really keen on going out with me.

South Wales

:)

Right, that's it. I'm off to bed to sulk.

:(

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#12 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

Forgot to mention playing football. 

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

Miss: me last job, 6th Form, middle school, being less fat.

Don't miss: this place on a weekend, the dartboard, taking the bus, Bradford Bulls 2010 and 2011.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

miss -snooker players who were personalitys with character

dont miss- false leather sofas that split on sight

#15 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,305 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

There's all sorts of things and people that I miss.  But one thing I really don't miss.  Sitting in a pub with someone standing next to me holding their cigarette right in my face.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

Miss: Pre-match drinks on the doorstep of the ground.

You still think they are.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#17 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,609 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

Miss: my late mum and dad who would have both been 101 this year...regret not documenting more of their life's experiences. My company car 14 years ago, my A reg Land Rover 110 County, waking up at 6.30 am in a frosty and snow covered tent with my son in the high alps. I miss the time when my daughter was not striken with fibromyalgia
. Going to Wembley to watch Wigan win the Cup.again.

Don't miss: the financial poverty of my immediate post war childhood, the bullying that was endemic at my secondary school in 'real' Salford, the domination of the church in so much of the 1950s and 60s.

Edited by JohnM, 23 April 2013 - 07:04 AM.

#18 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,047 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Miss: not being able to play rugby (was the mainstay of my life from 18 to 42). 

My dad, who died far too young and before I'd really made anything of my life (settling down, going to uni, getting a decent job)

Living in on a Greek island.

The long snowy winters of my childhood in the hills above Blackburn. The longer hot summers on the West Lancashire coast.

Don't miss: having to be 'one of the lads' on nights out.

A string of crappy jobs (though I do miss some of the people and the laughs we had).

Being skint and hanging out for pay day.

Coming home from a night out and needing a shower before going to bed because I stank of cigarette smoke.

Having cancer. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#19 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,305 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

My dad, who died far too young and before I'd really made anything of my life

I miss my dad (I miss my mam too) but my dad died when I was seventeen.  There are loads of things I love to have asked him, but when you're seventeen (or seven) you're not that interested in the past.  I'd love to have asked him about his war service in Italy.  The only question I asked him about this was when I was about 7 or 8 - did you see any Germans?  did you kill any?  Stupid. But it was less than ten years after WWII finished and our favourite playground game was "English v Germans"

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#20 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

I miss my dad (I miss my mam too) but my dad died when I was seventeen.  There are loads of things I love to have asked him, but when you're seventeen (or seven) you're not that interested in the past.  I'd love to have asked him about his war service in Italy.  The only question I asked him about this was when I was about 7 or 8 - did you see any Germans?  did you kill any?  Stupid. But it was less than ten years after WWII finished and our favourite playground game was "English v Germans"

great post- its strange how we are robbed at different stages, my mate is 50 and he still works with his dad everyday whos 68 - theres no rhyme or reason i suppose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users