Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

what do you miss? and dont miss?

from back int day

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

I share a bit of that. I was 23 when my mother died. She never got to see me land on my feet so to speak. I would've loved the opportunity to take her out and look after her. I'm getting married this year and although it has been 12 years since her passing she will be missed.
Fides invicta triumphat

#22 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

I share a bit of that. I was 23 when my mother died. She never got to see me land on my feet so to speak. I would've loved the opportunity to take her out and look after her. I'm getting married this year and although it has been 12 years since her passing she will be missed.

think a lot of this will happen a lot more in future with people having kids when they re older (not suggesting u mum was old when u were born) and there seems to be a new disease every week thats waiting around the corner to fell us the minute we are off guard, prob a lot of young adults are going to feel the same things.

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#23 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

It's a bit harder for me at 29 but I'll give it a go...

Miss - enjoying RL without knowing about the bullsh*t that came with it, playing computer games religiously, my dad, performing on big stages, Widnes being the best, thinking Liverpool was so big it was exciting, feeling like I could still make it as a RL player, finding out about stuff for the first time, never having to diet, some social clubs, the lack of computers to constantly distract.

Don't miss - secondary school where people were genuinely nasty, church, missing the 3 O'Clock Good Friday game, the bitchiness of the music scene, worrying that I'll never get laid, struggling to find the answer to the simplest of things, hating everything and everyone associated with Union.

#24 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

It's a bit harder for me at 29 but I'll give it a go...

Miss - enjoying RL without knowing about the bullsh*t that came with it, playing computer games religiously, my dad, performing on big stages, Widnes being the best, thinking Liverpool was so big it was exciting, feeling like I could still make it as a RL player, finding out about stuff for the first time, never having to diet, some social clubs, the lack of computers to constantly distract.

Don't miss - secondary school where people were genuinely nasty, church, missing the 3 O'Clock Good Friday game, the bitchiness of the music scene, worrying that I'll never get laid, struggling to find the answer to the simplest of things, hating everything and everyone associated with Union.

your dont miss list sounds like my weekly life story now, apart from church and school!

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#25 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,779 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

What I miss: getting on the bus on a Sunday morning, for a visit to Oriental City in North London. Then the property was bought by B&Q for a superstore that never got built. All the Oriental City traders and food stall owners were kicked out and the building now lies derelict.

What I won't miss: If all goes to plan, Oriental City will be reborn some time next year as part of a development bankrolled by Morrisons, so I definitely won't miss the last few years when it was closed down.

Edited by Futtocks, 25 April 2013 - 09:12 AM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#26 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Make sure to mention her in your speech, that would be my advice.

I wish my Dad had met my daughter. That's probably the greatest regret of my entire life. He would have adored her, and she him.

That's me.  I'm done.

#27 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,974 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Miss: Chairman M, Cas Vegas.

Don't miss: Aussie trolls.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#28 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Make sure to mention her in your speech, that would be my advice.

I wish my Dad had met my daughter. That's probably the greatest regret of my entire life. He would have adored her, and she him.

Aye. One of the things I am grateful for was that she did meet my fiancée and told me in no uncertain terms that she was a keeper. 

Fides invicta triumphat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users