Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

early vinyl memories

magic moments

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

By the way, I used HomeBase own-brand PVA Adhesive. I've known of the technique for a while, but only recently tried it. It made quite a difference to the Richie Havens album.

I'm intrigued. I might give it a go sometime.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#42 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,365 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

You need to leave it for a long time, to make sure it is completely dry. 24 hours, to be on the safe side.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#43 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

I've read about PVA to clean records but have never tried it. Sounds a bit risky to me can you guarantee all of the glue out of the grooves any that gets onto your needle could knack it. I use a cleaner from a dealer on e bay £10 a bottle and clean my records with a soft small paint pad from B&Q. They do one that is the perfect fit for 12inch and LP records.

#44 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,365 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

I've read about PVA to clean records but have never tried it. Sounds a bit risky to me can you guarantee all of the glue out of the grooves any that gets onto your needle could knack it. I use a cleaner from a dealer on e bay £10 a bottle and clean my records with a soft small paint pad from B&Q. They do one that is the perfect fit for 12inch and LP records.

That was why I hesitated and did a bit of reading before taking the plunge. The overwhelming majority have had no problems. I wouldn't use the method for any but the absolute worst-condition records, though.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users