TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

SLE, RFL or an ERL Commission

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Now that the ARLC is coming towards the end of its first year (or perhaps it has already passed???) I wonder if this is a model that can benefit RL in the UK and Europe.

Now before people start saying "another case of us following the aussies", perhaps we can look at this objectively.

I am not decided either way and can think of both positives and negatives. 

I probably lean in favour of a "commission" that would govern the Super League and the Championships and their finances, making financial decisions that are in the best interest of the sport. The "commission" would also be responsible for the marketing and promotion of the professional leagues.

I would then see the RFL and RLEF as organisations that are answerable to the "commission" and their sole objective is to develop the sport at grassroots level and on the continent.

The commission would be run by a board made up of individual members representing:

The RFL

Super League clubs

RLEF

Professional Players and Coaches

Tier 4 clubs

plus additional board members with core business skills.

Interested to hear what you all think about the future governance of the sport and our professional leagues 

#2 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

It doesn't matter what structure you have, supporters will blame their own clubs failings on whoever is in charge, they will be incompetent buffoons who are selling the game down the river and stealing our clubs heritage by blah blah blah.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users