• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

http://www.dailytele...r-1226624329490

Where does this leave Rangi Chase now then??

Posted Image

#2 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

Were the Dragons going to take Chase?

I know they are a bit desperate but Chase would not do well at any NRL Club IMO, he was average and getting worse.

#3 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

Did not see this coming. Hopefully Widdop's decision will elevate him to superstar status.

Despite the money on offer it must've been so tempting for him to remain in his comfort zone amongst the likes of Smith, Cronk etc.

He'll be the main man at the Dragons though.

#4 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

Tomkins to St George????

#5 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,521 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

Didnt see that coming. Feel Widdop has made a mistake going to St Merge. average coach with a team of nobodys who are unlikely to even get close to challenging for a Premiership. Can understand him wanting to take on a new challenge but feel he will struggle with an average team and coach

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

Good for him. It'll be good for him to strike out on his own as it were, without the "comforter" of Smith, Cronk, Slater, et al.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 DiH68

DiH68
  • Coach
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

I'll be sad to see him leave the Storm, but I can understand that he might want a new challenge and a chance to lead a team, which he will never do at the Storm while you have Smith and Cronk.

He's done brilliantly to establish himself as a key member of the best team in the game....hope his career now reaches even greater heights

#8 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Didnt see that coming. Feel Widdop has made a mistake going to St Merge. average coach with a team of nobodys who are unlikely to even get close to challenging for a Premiership. Can understand him wanting to take on a new challenge but feel he will struggle with an average team and coach

Agreed, time to move out and spread his Wings but not at St George, they struggled to win when they were stacked with Stars for years and years and only just got a Premiership under Mr Personality by playing a severe defensive structure that was as entertaining as watching paint dry.

He would have been better off at the Broncos.

Edited by AndyCapp, 19 April 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#9 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Isnt Nathan Fien retiring at the end of the seaosn?.. or moving on.. sure Rangi to St.George is still on..

Would love to see Sam to St.George, purely from an England perspective, but think they're pretty well covered at Full-back.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#10 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Agreed, time to move out and spread his Wings but not at St George, they struggled to win when they were stacked with Stars for years and years and only just got a Premiership under Mr Personality by playing a severe defensive structure that was as entertaining as watching paint dry.

He would have been better off at the Broncos.

Ouch. Them grapes sure are sour.
People called Romans they go the house

#11 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

perhaps Widdop to half and Tompkins to stand off??? From an English perspective I think if Rangi moves to Aus then after the world cup he will start to declare an interest to rep NZ. A few years out of international RL and in line for a NZ spot in 2017

#12 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

Tomkins to sign for every NRL club and Union club
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#13 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

Ouch. Them grapes sure are sour.

Not at all Mr Posh.
I don't mind St George as a team but they have not done well considering some of the Star studded sides they have had over the years, especially when Nathan Brown was the coach.

I do not like the Broncos at all, but I respect their success and the way they are run.

I think a player like Gareth Widdop could be a real name player and be right up there in a one City team like Brisbane and the following they have, there would have been plenty of top up deals for him.
He may well disappear from the Radar in a team like the Dragons..

p.s

I am a masochist, I have followed Parramatta for 39 years.

#14 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

p.s

I am a masochist, I have followed Parramatta for 39 years.

Would I be right in thinking that started just after they had a brief spell of being good?

Anyway, for what it's worth, I think he'll flourish at St George (assuming he is as good as he looks and not being made to look good by Cronk and Smith). Decent size club with some expectation, but perhaps not quite the pressure that would be on him at Brisbane.
People called Romans they go the house

#15 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Really surprised with this announcement, didnt expect him to sign for the Dragons. Will be interesting to see how the Dragons go next year with Soward and Widdop in the halves, and not sure where this leaves Chase but im sure all will become clear soon enough!

#16 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

Really surprised with this announcement, didnt expect him to sign for the Dragons. Will be interesting to see how the Dragons go next year with Soward and Widdop in the halves, and not sure where this leaves Chase but im sure all will become clear soon enough!

Soward is going, which brought around this move.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#17 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Soward is going, which brought around this move.

Clearly my head is not working this morning, I knew that and have absolutely no idea why i just posted what I did! Clearly the weekend beckons!

#18 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

So does this now mean that it could be Chase and Widdop in the halves? An all English(!) combination!

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Clearly my head is not working this morning, I knew that and have absolutely no idea why i just posted what I did! Clearly the weekend beckons!

Indeed, Penrith bound, I think he's playing for Workington though. Seems closest.

Edited by hindle xiii, 19 April 2013 - 09:39 AM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#20 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

So does this now mean that it could be Chase and Widdop in the halves? An all English(!) combination!

Once Chase has gone back to the NRL (which I am reading could be in the next few weeks), I sincerely hope that a line will be drawn under the sorry saga of Roger Chase the English half back and that said individual features no more in an England jersey.

I have no issue with overseas born players qualifying on residency grounds, since these are the rules, he is simply not worthy of a spot IMO. FWIW, those residency rules do need changing, preferably to mirror the recent changes made in cricket by the ECB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users