• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

Source: http://www.nrl.com/m...13/default.aspx

Sydney Roosters star Daniel Mortimer has made himself available for Wales. If he plays in the tournament in Britain, Ireland and France at the end of the year, he’ll be the first member of his family to take part in a World Cup

Should Wales take him? Can play hooker or half, so he offers some versatility...

Posted Image

#2 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

Hes a good player, having a great year for the Roosters!

#3 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

A good,positive,informative article.

No problem with Wales RU having properly qualified players playing for them,just have a look at the English cricket team,British athletics team and English/N.Z. rugby union.What we want is good quality,competitive games.And yes,obviously we don't want thirteen 'overseas' players playing for Lebanon etc.

#4 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Should they take him......If I was them i'd bite his hand off.

#5 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

I'd be delighted to see him playing for Wales. If he has passion in our cause and adds quality to the side then that's good enough for me :)

Edited by MrFussy, 19 April 2013 - 08:35 AM.

#6 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,966 posts

This is wonderful news. It will make them much much stronger. If Briers would go round again and Evans could see sense and put his hand up for the land of his birth, then they could go a long way. Happy days!

#7 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

He was going to be the next big thing and then Parramatta paid a fortune for him and ruined him as is their style, he seems to have bounced back to his early promise.
If Wales have better options than him I would be surprised.

#8 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,164 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

Yes, they should. He's a talented player and can fill in where he's most needed.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#9 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

The young kids could learn a lot from him, I'm all for a few overseas Grandparent rules to supplement the teams.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#10 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Wales will have a competitive pack consisting of Kopzcak, Dudson, Frizzell, Flower and Lloyd White. I was a bit worried about their lack of halfbacks but Mortimer will help that situation.

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#11 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,753 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

[David Frost "Through the Keyhole" mode:]

New South Wales. Remember, the clues are there.

[David Frost "Through the Keyhole" mode:]

:D 

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#12 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

The young kids could learn a lot from him, I'm all for a few overseas Grandparent rules to supplement the teams.

Agreed, I have no issue with the grandparent rule at all and it helps supplement the smaller nations.I myself could have played for Ireland, and would have been proud to do so, had I not suffered from a terrible lack of talent!

I just cant ever accept the residency rule, that one I just cant get my head round!

#13 MR51CUK

MR51CUK
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

That's great news. We desperately need something new in the halves as looked off the pace in the tri nations there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users