Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

West hull new signings

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 little old wine drinker

little old wine drinker
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

New signings did well today,i see!!

#22 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

Lane had a couple of under 17s in the twam yesterday. More than held their own.

#23 red rocket

red rocket
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

£100 a game for Spav, don't know about turner. If your good enough go play pro. If not join the rest of us and play for your club. Not many teams can afford "expenses". Wasn't Spav a east hull junior?? You'd think he would go back to his youth side. Oh ye £100 game is the reason!!!

paying players is the wrong way to go.It will kill the club eventually.It breeds greed and selfishness.Which must be a coaches nightmare.Rugby league gypsys!

#24 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

We'll see up the green and golds!!!!

Yeah, right up 'em.

rldfsignature.jpg

#25 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Lane had a couple of under 17s in the twam yesterday. More than held their own.

And they still beat the class on their own pitch!!!!! :O

rldfsignature.jpg

#26 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

£100 a game for Spav, don't know about turner. If your good enough go play pro. If not join the rest of us and play for your club. Not many teams can afford "expenses". Wasn't Spav a east hull junior?? You'd think he would go back to his youth side. Oh ye £100 game is the reason!!!

So if Spav is on £100 what are the rest on? Getting less than another player will lead to animosity. "Let the superstar do the donkey work, let the superstar win the game for us". If the rest are on similar then that's a huge bill after every win but the way they are playing it won't amount to that much this season  :lol:

rldfsignature.jpg

#27 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

Spav was at West Hull at u 8's long before he went to East Hull so he is playing for his own club along with his brother

#28 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

There's only one side in Hull that play in green worth talking about this season. B)

#29 codecracker

codecracker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Dockers are going well pal but there is an awful long way to go as we all know.IMO Dockers will have a bad patch like everyone else i guess?? But yes awesome start.

Some will say that you really need to look after your home form and a few of the Hull sides cnt seem to do this at this time. Which could be a telling factor as the season goes on.

As for people getting £100 a game is absolutely shocking!!! I really hope this is dud info as this can only be a negative amongst a bunch of players all in the same boat. I know for a fact they all arnt getting that kind of pay packet to cover expenses down there.

#30 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

As for people getting £100 a game is absolutely shocking!!! I really hope this is dud info as this can only be a negative amongst a bunch of players all in the same boat. I know for a fact they all arnt getting that kind of pay packet to cover expenses down there.

What sort of "expenses" are the majority getting at WH then?

rldfsignature.jpg

#31 brassey

brassey
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

sharlston rovers  been paying there players for years

#32 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Not this subject again, don't worry about it if you think some teams are on a bit of coin. I reckon them days are long gone, as there's

not much money in the Hull area to be paying players.

#33 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

It's not a question it's a fact a lot of us are mates with the west hull lads and they get paid that's just the way it is!! Nobody that bothered in hull to be fair if the lads wanna play to get paid that's there choice!!

#34 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,699 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

paying players is the wrong way to go.It will kill the club eventually.It breeds greed and selfishness.Which must be a coaches nightmare.Rugby league gypsys!

Sharlston did well last night at Drig (won 29 - 6) and their stand off was telling the Drig crowd that he was on £50 for that game.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#35 brassey

brassey
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

yeah marauder sharlston played well but drig defence  was bad not been consitant this season drig  to many players missing in the games they needed to win but looking forward to president cup final at batley on may 6th drig will be up for it hopefully get something out of the season

#36 Ryan hair

Ryan hair
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Spav was at West Hull at u 8's long before he went to East Hull so he is playing for his own club along with his brother

#37 Ryan hair

Ryan hair
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

I thought he played for east hull youth from u10's. am I mistaken??

#38 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

8 comes before 10?

#39 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yes Ryan hair I'm afraid your well out with your estimation Scott didn't start playing for East Hull until the u14's season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users