Play the Ball Markers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Whilst watching the Aussie v NZ match today I kept noticing that the markers at play the balls from both sides were very rarely square but never once did they get pulled up for it.   There were times when one marker was square and pointing the way he was going and the other marker was stood to the other side of him but behind him.

This stopped a lot of quick play from the acting halfbacks and I wondered why do we have two markers?    If only one marker was allowed the other player would have to get back the 10 metres in to the defensive line.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Hope Mr. Ganson was watching..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#3 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Whilst watching the Aussie v NZ match today I kept noticing that the markers at play the balls from both sides were very rarely square but never once did they get pulled up for it.   There were times when one marker was square and pointing the way he was going and the other marker was stood to the other side of him but behind him.

This stopped a lot of quick play from the acting halfbacks and I wondered why do we have two markers?    If only one marker was allowed the other player would have to get back the 10 metres in to the defensive line.

Blame the ref not the rules.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#4 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Been watching a fair bit of academy u19s rugby this season . I have noticed quite a few teams are stepping forward into the square marker when playing the ball a, few of the refs have penalised it but not many , it usually ends up with a penalty for the attacking team 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users