TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Is this satisfactory?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

The RFL received from Sport England, £17m for the development of the sport and to increase participation.

Of this, £4m was dedicated to elite performance.

So please someone tell me, how does the RFL justify sweeping funding cuts that has seen the axing of almost the entire RFL development team of close to 100 and the cease in funding for a further 100+ external development staff nationally?

£13m to develop the sport and increase participation at grassroots level and not more than 10 RFL funded development staff members across the country by the end of 2013.

I have heard RFL excuses that this is the result from the cuts in Sport England funding where the RFL received £30m last time round. "This is Sport England's fault".

No it isn't. If an NGB solely relies on external agency funding for the development of its sport then this is the fault of the NGB.

I think the RFL get a bit of unfair treatment in some areas but this is deplorable.

If you also find this unsatisfactory, with the future of our sport at stake, can you tell me how we can have our opinions recognised?

#2 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

Start point would be to understand how they are spending the current grant. Not sure how to do that tho, but it would allow a critique.
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#3 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

the funding was announced in 2012. It is now almost May and the RFL haven't made any announcement so expect to hear soon.......

.....actually, I mean don't expect to hear anything soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users