Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

natan brown next?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 731 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

lets be kind to nathan brown, that has to be the worst saints team of the sl era that hes coaching but wouldnt be suprised if hes next for the chop, saints have never replaced james graham martyn long cunningham lyon sculthorpe sullivan etc etc, wellens is way over the hill and all this is starting to culminate in a 2nd rate saints team, think brown will get the blame and soon be gone, nice new stadium though.

Any club would struggle to replace that lot - all class acts.
The injuries at Saints are interesting - Brown flogged the players at the Giants and we seemed to end up with a dozen players needing ops in the off season.
Paul Anderson seems to look after the players better. He absolutely flogged them in pre-season but is now rotating them when possible and giving them plenty of rest and doesn't bring them back too soon after niggling injuries. Not putting the mockers on it but we seem to be doing OK with then fitness of the Giants squad so far.

#42 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Browns not really had the chance to flog players.

I think he would have liked to have played Percival and Walmsley less, but given the injuries he's had little to no option but to play them consistently since Easter.

Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#43 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

I think Saints need to be patient with him, and tie him and pretty much the rest of the squad on long term deals. He looks like the right man for the job to me.

#44 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,310 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

I think Saints need to be patient with him, and tie him and pretty much the rest of the squad on long term deals. He looks like the right man for the job to me.

Yes , he would!  Four losses on the bounce, including a quick exit from the Cup.  Ideal coach for a Saints team, from a Wiganer's POV anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users