Tom Lillycrop and NRL

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 kiwityke

kiwityke
  • Coach
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

Can anyone comment on the news that Dewsbury's Tom Lillycrop is one of a number of players that NRL clubs are chasing. Maybe the news is wrong as the article also says that Dewsbury is a Super League club!!
My query is would he be good enough for NRL (the Burgess brothers are). Is he worth a punt?
The others named are Dom Crosby (Wigan) and Colton Roche (Sheffield) and Sam Tomkins (Wigan). The last is an obvious target as 2012 man of Steel.

#2 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

Except Tomkins is suspect under the high ball and his defence is weak, don't know where he would play in the NRL. Lillycrop is a very good player but not NRL standard at the moment.

#3 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

where have you read this article, it would be worth having a look but I doubt Tom would be considered good enough at the moment for NRL.

Can anyone comment on the news that Dewsbury's Tom Lillycrop is one of a number of players that NRL clubs are chasing. Maybe the news is wrong as the article also says that Dewsbury is a Super League club!!
My query is would he be good enough for NRL (the Burgess brothers are). Is he worth a punt?
The others named are Dom Crosby (Wigan) and Colton Roche (Sheffield) and Sam Tomkins (Wigan). The last is an obvious target as 2012 man of Steel.

Ricochet!

#4 The Crab

The Crab
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

The report is in the Sunday Star Times, a Sunday paper in NZ.
I believe a similar story was in The Sun on Friday.

#5 kiwityke

kiwityke
  • Coach
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Correct Crab. Sunday Star Times

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

Not NRL more like Fev RL ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#7 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

Piggy's Mate like I've said before Lillycrop wants to get back into super league. So why the **** would he want to play with a wannabe super duper league club like fev. Go back to mount taliban n watch the puppies get battered by the Giants you plank

#8 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Piggy's Mate like I've said before Lillycrop wants to get back into super league. So why the **** would he want to play with a wannabe super duper league club like fev. Go back to mount taliban n watch the puppies get battered by the Giants you plank

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  what an a**ehole

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#9 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Feelings mutual pal

#10 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  what an a**ehole

But Eddies not Trolling to get a bite is he?

#11 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

He may wish to play SL but he is more likly to join fev or Batley :) I will let you know how the 4000 enjoy this afternoon at the Love Rugby League.com stadium. I suppose your still smarting over another poor performance yesterday....... sorry I forgot you dont support the Rams away do you ER better to stop at home in your cave muttering about how you would do a better job than Morrison as coach :)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#12 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

I work most Sunday's so can't always make it to a game. sorry I didn't mean to swear I know you don't like the word work or doing any for that matter.

#13 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

4000 fans! I didn't know the Giants were bringing 3996 fans. We all know Batley fans share one taxi when playing the Rams away

#14 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hi Eddie just to let you know yet Giants loosing 4 nil at half time :)

#15 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

I know pal. Thanks for updating me lol

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

I know pal. Thanks for updating me lol

You missed a cracker ER. You really are watching the wrong team :lol:

#17 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Sounded a great game

#18 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

But Eddies not Trolling to get a bite is he?

neither am i.i just think hes an a**ehole.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#19 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

I work most Sunday's.

Eddie have a word with yer spell checker it is adding "or" instead of "an"

#20 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

If you'd have seen the game you'd have seen the dogs take the Giants to the brink of defeat again, we were awesome. You really do post rubbish pal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users