1) Kevin Sinfield is a great player for Leeds but England won't win the World Cup with him in the halves (I wouldn't even have him in the starting 13)
2) one thing we will have is a monster pack, so it'd be silly not to pick halfbacks who can take advantage of being on the front foot.
3) Gareth Widdop is carving it up in the NRL; why would he not be first in line for the number six jersey????
4) Matt Smith is improving all the time for Wigan. He might not be a world class No.7 yet but Sinfield NEVER will be!
5) Brough may well have driven over McNamara's cat for all I know, but the fact remains that he's been the dominant English half in super league. Swallow your pride, admit you were wrong and pick him before he decides he's Scottish again!
6) how many England/GB coaches have to lose series with locks playing in the halves before the penny drops? It doesn't work!
7) as Wayne Bennett once wrote: "if you do what you always did, you'll get what you always got."
Come on McNamara, make a smart choice for once. We may not win the World Cup anyway, but let's at least give it a bloody good go!
Edited by Pottsy, 21 April 2013 - 11:27 AM.