Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Country V City

21st April 2013

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 G Las D

G Las D
  • 13,973 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Close game on a perfect pitch at Coff's Harbour

coffsharbour1.jpg

Despite the great weather and perfect conditions only 4,645 people attended - probably the lowest for this fixture.

Uate had a great game. Country took the spoils ion the first half with City hardly showing any form. They improved in the second half equalling up the scores 12-12. It was Country who kicked on though to take the victory 18-12.

Ryan Hoffman was given as man-of-the-match for a strong performance as player and captain of City. Personally I would have given the award to a Country player - maybe Aquila Uate who scored a great try and also put in a game saving tackle late on.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#2 DlEHARD

DlEHARD
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

I dont care what people say. I like this game.

I usually cheer for City but have a soft spot for Country.

As for the crowd, how long ago was the venue secured? How well was it promoted? And the ticket prices were equivalent to ####### in the face of RL fans, and had no concession rates. I think it was $60 in the stands, $30 on the hill.

Meanwhile at the Pacific Test entry was GA, $15 Adult, $10 concession.

#3 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

Interesting game I thought. Ryan Hoffman definitely deserved man of the match, but Uate and Jennings showed their class at times as well.

One of the other interesting aspects of the match for me was the commentary. I'm always fascinated to hear the comments of Andrew Johns who always explains the halfback plays and techniques. Alongside Phil Gould, providing he doesn't start on one of his rants about the refs, it makes for a very informative and interesting commentary. Very different to the cliche ridden style of match coverage we get on Sky.

#4 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

Very different to the cliche ridden style of match coverage we get on Sky.

I always thought the two Sky muppets just did a personal chat session with you the audience & the game itself an annoying hinderance :lol:

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite

and furthermore always carry a small snake - W C Fields

#5 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

I'd be interested in the national viewer figures for the City v Country game,even with Channel numbnuts showing it 'on delay' on their digital channel. Seems the expanded ticket cost may have affected crowd figures.

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite

and furthermore always carry a small snake - W C Fields

#6 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

I always thought the two Sky muppets just did a personal chat session with you the audience & the game itself an annoying hinderance :lol:

:D  It does feel like that sometimes. There is a real lack of any sort of analysis of the game on TV coverage in this country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users