Seventh heaven!

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#21 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

The crowd figure is a "guesstimate" as well!!!!     Cox thought about 1,600, John Walsh thought less, so Cox shouted to "Steve" "what was the crowd" and Steve replied, "around 1300".    Just looked on Sporting Life website and guess what - exactly 1600!!!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#22 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 697 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

I havent stopped laughing since i got home...the jam fans are biting like mad!! Acting like 7 year olds!!

Another couple of grey hairs for my heed!! 24year old...christ! Watchin Town makes me feel about 70! :lol: sorry il stop!!

Up the TOWN!!!

#23 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

God love him , our Walshy did get carried away when he said 15,000 would turn out to watch town at Wigan !!! Of course not long ago they did , Scott Quinnell scored a hat trick on what may have been his debut .

#24 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

I expected haven coming out all guns blazing in the first 15 nminutes , despite all the posession they had, they were like pussycats. Poor turn out from the jam fans today, even at 6 up we didn't hear a peep from them. Brilliant walking back into town, we could still hear the town songs ringing around the wreck.

Get in there you Town boys :lol:

#25 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Whens the next round?

#26 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

The crowd figure is a "guesstimate" as well!!!!     Cox thought about 1,600, John Walsh thought less, so Cox shouted to "Steve" "what was the crowd" and Steve replied, "around 1300".    Just looked on Sporting Life website and guess what - exactly 1600!!!!!!!!

No way was there 1600 today, the crowd looked down on the league game last season and that was about 1400. Good turn out from, the Town fans today. hope it was 1600 though, we get half the gate.

#27 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

I went in the railway end and the bloke on the turnstiles was writing on a piece of paper everyone who went through Haha all very professional...enjoyed the game nice skinny calvert didn't get in at the end
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#28 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

How ###### are the shaven fans ,god tumbleweed was blowing thru the bells end till the town lads started singing,and they sung for 80 and stayed for 80.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

I wonder if ' it doesn't matter , it's a distraction , the leagues all that matters and we concentrate on that ' has made it on to the haven forum yet ...

#30 away the brow

away the brow
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

On the way home Cox was interviewing Woods on the radio and Cox said, "I thought Martins played well when he came on in the second half adding size and pace to the attack".   Woods replied, "He should have done it in the first half because that's why we took him off".      Poor old Rodney didn't get in to the action until the 51st minute and went off on 65 minutes.    One of these days Radio Cumbria will take note of what people say about Cox and his biased rantings.

I listened to the Radio Cumbria commentary while watching the match and the two commentators were chalk and cheese. John Walsh's commentary was good  and  unbiased.  As for Mr (biased) Cox he is a disgrace he makes out he has got better eyesight than the match officials even though he is up in the stand and nowhere near play. He continually calls the match officials and in doing so is questioning their integrity. Mr Cox is an embarrassment to Whitehaven RL2010 but most of all to Radio Cumbria.        

#31 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

I listened to the Radio Cumbria commentary while watching the match and the two commentators were chalk and cheese. John Walsh's commentary was good  and  unbiased.  As for Mr (biased) Cox he is a disgrace he makes out he has got better eyesight than the match officials even though he is up in the stand and nowhere near play. He continually calls the match officials and in doing so is questioning their integrity. Mr Cox is an embarrassment to Whitehaven RL2010 but most of all to Radio Cumbria.        

Well said ATB we all share the same view, the guy is an utter disgrace.

#32 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

I wonder if ' it doesn't matter , it's a distraction , the leagues all that matters and we concentrate on that ' has made it on to the haven forum yet ...

don't forget "town were the best of two bad sides" a haven fans favourite crack after a derby defeat lol

#33 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I expected haven coming out all guns blazing in the first 15 nminutes , despite all the posession they had, they were like pussycats. Poor turn out from the jam fans today, even at 6 up we didn't hear a peep from them. Brilliant walking back into town, we could still hear the town songs ringing around the wreck.

Get in there you Town boys :lol:

the lambrinis chilling aswell unicorn lad.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#34 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

thats what they are gonna come out with David,the truth is they have a very ,very, big blue and white monkey on their back that they cant shake off,what a shame

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#35 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

At least they can console themselves that they got a bonus point :D  :D  :D

#36 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

the leagues all that matters ,survival is paramount ,but lets all laugh at shaven  while we can,i hope poorer signs on for another 12 months to take him up to his pension.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#37 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Oh dear, it's now the refs fault they lost apparently!!!    One eyed Ronnie Laughton he is being called.    I think over the whole game Laughton made several errors against both teams equally but some of the penalties were just plain stupid by players.    How long does it take for both sets of players to realise that if you don't get back the 10 you are going to get penalised?     There must have been half a dozen penalties in the first 15 minutes all for being offisde.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#38 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Thought pora was much improved today, took about 5 balls in and made about 4 yards.

#39 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Thought pora was much improved today, took about 5 balls in and made about 4 yards.

But two of them were going backwards!!!!

I've just realised that those free weekends, we were supposed to fit postponed matches in, has just disappeared cos' we are in Round 5.

#40 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

So whens the next round and haven your offside lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users