Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Seventh heaven!

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#41 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Oh dear, it's now the refs fault they lost apparently!!!    One eyed Ronnie Laughton he is being called.    I think over the whole game Laughton made several errors against both teams equally but some of the penalties were just plain stupid by players.    How long does it take for both sets of players to realise that if you don't get back the 10 you are going to get penalised?     There must have been half a dozen penalties in the first 15 minutes all for being offisde.

Yes, and apparently Karl Olstrum should have been sent off 3 times, all for headbutting offences ! Oh, and Jamie Acton was scared of Cameron and ran away to avoid getting laid out by him :-)
Super Clarty Git Amang It Dip Fer Dippin Owt In

#42 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hahahahaha n i forgot to say 7

#43 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

The general theme on deluded.com on today is they were poor and that's why town won. So it was nothing to do with town then marras lol.

#44 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yes, and apparently Karl Olstrum should have been sent off 3 times, all for headbutting offences ! Oh, and Jamie Acton was scared of Cameron and ran away to avoid getting laid out by him :-)

For more fairytales on a par with Hans Christian Anderson and the Brother Grimm please go to Deluded fans .com

#45 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

They let us win so they're not overloaded with games , aren't distracted from the league and aren't low on petrol after a big cup game ...It was a master plan and worked out strategy Eisenhower woulda been proud of.

Edited by DavidM, 21 April 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#46 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

The general theme on deluded.com on today is they were poor and that's why town won. So it was nothing to do with town then marras lol.

funny that ,they seem to be poor every time we play them ,they bottled it big style ,a bit like their mute fans.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#47 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

They let us win so they're not overloaded with games , aren't distracted from the league and aren't low on petrol after a big cup game ...It was a master plan and worked out strategy Eisenhower woulda been proud of.

You couldn't make it up David, they are all insane :D

#48 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

They really are very special.

#49 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

it must be really bad for the haven fans to take , 7 losses on the trot against a team who they think is inferior to theirs,and before they start ,no we are not world beaters ,far from it ,but we are a gutsy team who play for each other.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#50 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

There's 12 top flight sides left and Sheffield , Fax and York . So great shot at getting a good game ... Salford , Widnes , Wakefield or London at home would be great , but any SL day out is memorable . Surely God can't be so cruel to give us one of them lesser league 3 away !

Edited by DavidM, 21 April 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#51 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Nice touch all the Town team holding the seven fingers up at the Bells end at the end of the game. What a pity there wasn't any jam fans in there to witness it. We certainly all appreciated it though....nice one lads. :D

#52 PLD

PLD
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Oh dear, it's now the refs fault they lost apparently!!!    One eyed Ronnie Laughton he is being called.    I think over the whole game Laughton made several errors against both teams equally but some of the penalties were just plain stupid by players.    How long does it take for both sets of players to realise that if you don't get back the 10 you are going to get penalised?     There must have been half a dozen penalties in the first 15 minutes all for being offisde.

Keith

I think Laughton had a decent game today, he was not only supported by his two touch judges, Doran helped out on all game telling him where he had wrong :-) He never stopped talking too him!!

Rugby League must be a great game to survive the fools at the RFL who run it.

#53 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

And I thought we didn't have two refs over here ? Town v haven seems the exception ...

#54 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

On deluded fans one of them has went AWOL to funny hahaha
bluewhitearmy

#55 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

As well as 3 rapid headbutts, Karl was also trying to incite the crowd.

Don't know about anyone else, but I think he's turning into this teams brad hepi, the player all opposing fans love to hate.

#56 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,674 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Keith

I think Laughton had a decent game today, he was not only supported by his two touch judges, Doran helped out on all game telling him where he had wrong :-) He never stopped talking too him!!

Doran certainly saved Jamie Rooney from either going to the sin-bin or a red card for dissent as Laughton was going for a card out of his back pocket until Doran ran up to him and had a word with him.    Laughton then just had a word with Rooney.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#57 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Nowt wrong at all with being the next Brad Hepi.
I bet Haven wish they'd ever had a player as good as him

#58 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Don't know about anyone else, but I think he's turning into this teams brad hepi, the player all opposing fans love to hate.

Fast becoming a Town legend.....despite his shady social life

#59 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,674 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Why would he want to incite Town fans cos' there wasn't many Haven fans there, was there?      ;)  ;)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#60 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

I listened to the Radio Cumbria commentary while watching the match and the two commentators were chalk and cheese. John Walsh's commentary was good  and  unbiased.  As for Mr (biased) Cox he is a disgrace he makes out he has got better eyesight than the match officials even though he is up in the stand and nowhere near play. He continually calls the match officials and in doing so is questioning their integrity. Mr Cox is an embarrassment to Whitehaven RL2010 but most of all to Radio Cumbria.        

I (barrow fan) was listning in ont wireless and i was cringing every time he talked, he is a bit of an embarrassment really like you say, its a shame they dont have a webcam on his face when he is commentating, those last few seconds would ov been a priceless picture........ :lol: 

good look next round am routing 4 yas!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users