Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Seventh heaven!

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#61 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

The "alleged" head butting incident was almost in front of where we were standing and Olstrums head did push in to the Haven players face but no way could it be described as a head butt only by someone who was hoping to get Karl sent off.   The touch judge flagged so he obviously didn't see any head butting and he was nearer than any of us.    Clutching at straws again.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#62 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Just remembered Elliot catching the bomb in front of the jeering Jambo's and giving them a salute before he returned the ball! Classy Elliot son I really enjoyed that. :D

As for the Olstrum thing, it was almost right in front of me and I think he copped a bit of a bang in his face and pushed his head forward into the other player in response .It was a bit naughty granted but hardly a sending off. Obviously the linesman saw the same as me as if it had been a butt it would have been a red card.

Doran is unbelievable, he was giving the ref loads over where he brought a scrum back to after a knock on. But he did save Rooney's bacon.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#63 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Karl olstrum Is class goes in for every tackle and makes it! Let him keep doing what his doing for me Trojan

! Action acton is a cage fighter and great forward but what some folk don't realise is off the field he is actually a quiet lad who gets on with it!!

#64 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 921 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

The crack in their porta cabin, sorry club house :lol: is that old Rodders is ready to thro the towel in and head back, Rooney has had enought of there fans calling him, and there fans wanting a petition started to get the board out :lol:, Doran said in his speach after the game , he doesnt  know what they have to do to beat us,  thats easy marra score trys, defend the line, dont give penaltys away and what Town do better than you PLAY for EACH OTHER :D

7-0

#65 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

What happened with Big Red ?

#66 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

I understand it was just a bad cramp that he had.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#67 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

it was hard to tell if he took a knock or it was his usual 65minute cramp. he was in discomfort so it could have been a bad knee.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#68 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

I adore rodders ,they wait 6 months for a guy ,fly him half way round the world ,pay him a small fortune ,and he rewards them with ,a very big fat zero,Jamie Acton could have him for breakfast :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: .

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#69 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Acton is proving a gem for us . Destined for Super League . Still a baby as a prop , real beast and a game changer.

#70 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hmmm and apparently the two packs are evenly matched. You just couldn't make it up. I seriously wouldn't have any of their forwards. I struggle to think of which of their forwards would get in our side.

#71 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

I adore rodders ,they wait 6 months for a guy ,fly him half way round the world ,pay him a small fortune ,and he rewards them with ,a very big fat zero,Jamie Acton could have him for breakfast :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: .

Jamie Acton showed good restraint at a scrum when Pora took a swing at him as it broke up but he missed with that as well.   Acton just pushed him away and got on with the game.

#72 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

That's good because that's one thing that could hold back his progress . Channelling his aggression and being disciplined are things to work on as he matures , but in terms of talent and rawboned impact he has all that's needed

Edited by DavidM, 21 April 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#73 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

I understand it was just a bad cramp that he had.

the Idiot on the radio said he had dislocated his ankle ?? and then two minutes later said he was jogging on it !!!!!

#74 Spacecake

Spacecake
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

Here's one best side won ( you don't know how hard that was ) I feel we need someone to rough it up a bit :0( well played town

#75 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 345 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Gotta feel a tad sorry for them, rooney is coasting for the cash, woods is spending more time on his TV and pub commitments (came from more than 1 Haven player) spent a fortune on a prop who's 76, the rest of their pack is knocking on, just been beaten on their own midden by their deadliest rivals, lost 7 in a row to us, paying Dorian a fortune to crab sideways constantly, ground falling apart, lost world cup games to town who got £1/2 m of money earmarked for them , they are asking for Woods out, poorer out halfbacks out, Kenny Everett out need I go on I bet short Sirkett throws himself off then dock gates tonight followed imminently by choctard, Charlos knicker sniffer and his asbo offpring, me thinks the wheels are about to come off the Sunshine bus!!!!

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#76 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

Proper cup game toast with the strongest team
Coming out on top

#77 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 862 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

O well alarm set for 7 o'clock

#78 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

We have beat them once again haha! Good game in the end was s**ting myself at the end thinking we had lost the game but we haven't so well do 1 to 17

#79 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Just dont know why we can,t have Callum or Conner dropping the ball out under the post,s they can both reach the half way line most of the time.

#80 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

You know when you can't remember something and it bugs you for ages? ... can you guys help me out? ...

What's that film with Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman where he's in the desert and gets delivered a box with a head in it?

Cheers