Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Seventh heaven!

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#101 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 774 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

He's granddaddy poras bottom wiper

haha is that a promotion or demotion, or his he managing to do

both jobs at same time?

#102 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

****ing myself gonch im still here and still on the haven site also. and i gave town credit on there win that charlo knicker sniffer crack getting boring now even he ****es himself laughing at you lot on here but never mind good luck in the next round with your a team.

Just when you think the morally bankrupt losers couldnt be more embarrassing, up pops this chud crying his eyes out. Lovely.

Edited by dkw, 23 April 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#103 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Our ' A team ' ? So you think we're better than Widnes . Cheers . We have a convert . And if you mean we'll have to play our A team , well we've had minimal use of DR anyway so that's wrong .

Edited by DavidM, 23 April 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#104 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

hahaha shauny dont rise to it kid or should i say pensioner you know what i mean

#105 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

whatever you say Mr Charlo knicker sniffer. :lol:

Haven't you got an internal club politics battle to fight? :unsure:

is there trouble at the chocolate blue and gold mill then??

#106 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Just when you think the morally bankrupt losers couldnt be more embarrassing, up pops this chud crying his eyes out. Lovely.

yawn yawn yawn

#107 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Get a can of 7 up down ur neck son

#108 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

Having trouble sleeping Chud? probably all those defeats to town and struggling with your clubs moral depravity.

#109 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,845 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

The 2nd man there was our other prop Ewan Dowes and Brett Carter, after 80 pulsating minutes two props can certainly take a bow.  And Calvert never even got over the line, which was amazing.    I thought he had got over but been held up but not so. 

I see Haven 94 is asking on their forum did Calvert get the ball down.   Well I've played it and re-played it several times and as far as I can tell he never got anywhere near to the line never mind getting the ball down.     He was tackled by Acton short of the line and Dowes came in and got underneath Calvert, followed by most of the Town team.    In my opinion Cameron's feet were nearer to the touchline for his try than Calvert was to getting the ball down for a try.    ;)  ;)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#110 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Thats a big job.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#111 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Calvert made a mess of it after watching the highlights. He'd have had more chance of scoring if he went for the flag rather than try and come back inside a little. Poor old square kecks

#112 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

yes keith cameron try  was good 

I see Haven 94 is asking on their forum did Calvert get the ball down.   Well I've played it and re-played it several times and as far as I can tell he never got anywhere near to the line never mind getting the ball down.     He was tackled by Acton short of the line and Dowes came in and got underneath Calvert, followed by most of the Town team.    In my opinion Cameron's feet were nearer to the touchline for his try than Calvert was to getting the ball down for a try.    ;)  ;)

#113 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

He's not the brightest is CKS

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#114 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

I agree I thought he should have got it down . We see such marvellous dives and one handed put downs now by wingers , he should have gone for that option . Cameron's try was a good effort , but just coz Eliott was keeping him in with his body !!!

#115 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,845 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

yes keith cameron try  was good 

I'm not saying it wasn't Shaun if you read what I put.    But his feet were closer to the touchline than Calvert got to the try line!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#116 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

yes keith cameron try was good

not so sure shaun i think it might not have been given if a video ref had looked at that one. Great tackle to deny square pants at the end.

#117 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Haven 94 is urging all the Haven fans to stand together at their Swinton match. Is this so they can all stand in silence together? Plus if they all go in the same car they can hardly lose each other can they ?
Seriously tho haven94 what has happened to your fans chanting and getting behind their team? You must have the quietest fans in RL, on Sun we got one haven haven chant and a stupid blow of the trumpet and that was it. No wonder your team goes flat when the fans don't get behind them.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#118 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

If anyone is down and needs cheering up just go on deluded.com. Numerous comedy quotes available. Carter and Matty are the only ones who would get in the haven side. Priceless! Lol

#119 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Just watched the DVD , deary me talk about heart attacks ! The commentator says less than a minute to go , then for some reason Matty has a brain explosion and flings it away , they use the free play and misplace a pass to Calvert who was in at the corner , they have the scrum and that nearly leads to a try but Calvert steps infield !!! Hold it and boot it and its game over , but heh Town like to keep you on yer toes !!! Outstanding defence and forward strength ... Martin Morgan was co commentating and he predicted a 8 pt win to Haven at half time , far better to watch a game with a commentary , they were OK , far better than Coxy !

Edited by DavidM, 23 April 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#120 Bring back the wall

Bring back the wall
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

This thread is getting really boring,is there nowt else important to talk about than whitehaven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users