Seventh heaven!

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#141 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

that will be you banned from the rec mate, theyll automatically think your a thug now.

ha my names cleared now it was 15 years back

#142 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Just watched the DVD , deary me talk about heart attacks ! The commentator says less than a minute to go , then for some reason Matty has a brain explosion and flings it away , they use the free play and misplace a pass to Calvert who was in at the corner , they have the scrum and that nearly leads to a try but Calvert steps infield !!! Hold it and boot it and its game over , but heh Town like to keep you on yer toes !!! Outstanding defence and forward strength ... Martin Morgan was co commentating and he predicted a 8 pt win to Haven at half time , far better to watch a game with a commentary , they were OK , far better than Coxy !

Did you notice in the move where JJP scored, Seb Martins (number 22) takes Callum out of the defensive line?      A video ref might have ruled that one out as I have seen tries cancelled for less.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#143 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Yes indeed , but obstruction penalties are video referee penalties aren't they ? I know they're trying to get NRL refs to call them , but here on SL Fulltime you see numerous tries where there are runners contacting the line , but it's so hard for the ref to see with the speed of play and with no video ref the tries stand . It's a quirk of the game over here that decisions differ and games are decided depending on if there's a video ref or not . SL should have a video ref for all games if they're having them for one to give more consistency , a monitor and an earpiece from Sky's pictures ? One day it may filter to our league !!

Edited by DavidM, 24 April 2013 - 08:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users