#1 pluto

pluto
  • Players
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

The under 18's Barla national cup final will be,

Leigh East  Vs  Thatto Heath

On the weekend of 15th/16th June.

Unfortunately i understand it coincides with a Barla Great Briton Under 18's tour which will rob both teams of their best players for a Barla showpiece final.

Edited by pluto, 21 April 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#2 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'd imagine that is the same BARLA tour that players were told they must attend a training session to be considered for selection on the same day as the BARLA Cup Quarter Finals a couple of weeks ago

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#3 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

How many lads would each side be without?

#4 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

The under 18's Barla national cup final will be,

Leigh East Vs Thatto Heath

On the weekend of 15th/16th June.

Unfortunately i understand it coincides with a Barla Great Briton Under 18's tour which will rob both teams of their best players for a Barla showpiece final.

its a joke

#5 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

The tour in question is the Under 19's not 18's to Ukraine and given all the circumstances you would understand why they are going on this date.

The original final was planned for the May bank holiday weekend which has always been BARLA's slot for the finals since the challenge cup moved to August. Sadly the RFL moved the Millennium Magic to this date and fearing the attendance to be low at the Finals BARLA moved to the June Weekend, this also had to miss other planned events from other leagues and associations. The Ukraine tour was already in planning as it is a RLEF invitational event could not be moved.

In an ideal world it would not of been a problem to move the Final either side of the original date, but this isn't an ideal world and they couldn't.

Next year this wont happen as it is assumed the date for Under 18's will move back to September to August as opposed to the September January (20 Month) age group. Currently the under 18's can benefit for an extension of the age group to allow slightly older lads to play and these are the lads selected for an Under 19's tour.

I know people will view in a non reflective perspective and see that a tour clashed with a their own final but if alternatives could have been made they would have.

#6 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

How many players are involved in the Tour ?

How can BARLA organise a Tour the same time as the changed National Cup finals ?

Come on Wilber this is Barla,s cock up .

#7 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

It involves 3 players

And Mick you know what the RFL feel about the calendar!!

#8 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Either way the players are the injured party AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 pluto

pluto
  • Players
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

It involves 3 players

And Mick you know what the RFL feel about the calendar!!

I think it's 4 players from East, and three of them are not the older group, they would be 18's even if the age dates were August to September. They will have to choose one or the other. I understand it would be difficult to change a tour but I'm sure the final could be moved even if another venue had to be found.

#10 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

Pluto Its two from Leigh east the other two are involved in the English Lions which does not cross over with the National Cup. And I do stand corrected if one of them is s true 18

#11 pluto

pluto
  • Players
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Pluto Its two from Leigh east the other two are involved in the English Lions which does not cross over with the National Cup. And I do stand corrected if one of them is s true 18

Both true 18's.

#12 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

I do stand corrected Pluto.

Edited by Wilber, 23 April 2013 - 07:04 AM.

#13 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Whether they are "true" 18s or not surely isn't a relevant aspect of the debate as they are eligible to play in the under 18s competition. How many of the players selected in the U19s tour are not eligible to play 18s. My guess would be a handful at most.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users