Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

awesome

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

We were awesome today, really unlucky again against the Giants.

Their fan's were very complimentary after the game unlike their coach Anderson who dribbled on about their defence and we scored a try from a kick, no mention on how well we played, plonker.

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

We were awesome today, really unlucky again against the Giants.

Their fan's were very complimentary after the game unlike their coach Anderson who dribbled on about their defence and we scored a try from a kick, no mention on how well we played, plonker.

I think that's unfair on Anderson. He is primarily the coach of Huddersfield so should be concerned about them first. He gave us plenty of respect by putting out his full strength team. He gave us plenty of respect by talking about us as if we were just like any other team who they play every week, no complaints about him from me!

#3 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

That's what you get from superleague. The giants defended well and we were on their line plenty of times. I wouldn't expect any SL team to compliment us or any championship team as they do like to look down on us.

The giants played well and so did we.

Good crowd. It was good to see a few dewsbury supporters there to cheer us on. I will return the favour next time I get chance (against SL opposition)

#4 Supertyke

Supertyke
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

"There were parts of the game I was disappointed with and we didn't get a flow going but I don't want to take anything away from Batley. They were excellent."
Quote Paul Anderson on the BBC website

A RUGBY LEAGUE EXILE

#5 SherlockH

SherlockH
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Does anyone know when Northern Rail draw is?

#6 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

Brilliant effort from the Dogs.Hope we have something left for Leigh and Fev.What more could we possibly do to get the attendances we deserve!!!

#7 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Does anyone know when Northern Rail draw is?

I have seen somewhere that it takes place on May 1st. Can anyone else confirm please?

#8 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

http://www.dailymail...llenge-Cup.html

Nothing but praise here (someone posted this on twitter in my defence for it being a Daily Mail article)
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#9 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

So proud of the lads today,awesome performance yet again in the cup,Potts try was great,thought the ref let them lay on too much giving picky penalties away,linesmen might aswell not bother turning up

#10 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

100% commitment.

Can't ask more than than.

Another performance to remember with pride. :)

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#11 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Had a drink, but getting choked up thinking about today - big crowd, great performance - the ovation at the end said it all.

Proud as punch tonight.

Lets kick on now boys and win some silverware.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#12 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

My thoughts exactly! If we play like that every week we'd have 3 more point so far this season.

Next two games are tough ones with Leigh away next week followed by Featherstone at home the week after.

Edited by M Hopkins, 21 April 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#13 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

I have seen somewhere that it takes place on May 1st. Can anyone else confirm please?

It is being drawn a week tomorrow at Fax's ground.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users