oxford game

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Well, onwards and upwards and back to talking about the game. The lads trained at Salford this weekend.It will be no pushover against Oxford, they've got some big lads and will of course want to do well against most of their old team.I'm hoping TB gets a good reception as he did his best with the old squad they just weren't quite up to it.

Oldham by 12 points I think but expect an early rally from Oxford but expect us to come through in the end.Need forwards to hold their own, we've got pace out wide but have been a bit suspect there under pressure in recent games.

One for all and all for the one

#2 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 443 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

I go for Oldham by 12 as well Oldham 22 - Oxford 10.

#3 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

For anyone interested, we are all meeting noon onwards in The Britannia Inn, Hollins Road, Oldham about 12 noon. All are welcome,
the more the merrier. Lets get behind the boys on the pitch. Uptheyeds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

Hi Roughy, we would lend you all our taxi but we are going to South Wales in it, sorry

#5 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

Ha Ha, good luck down there, they are a decent team. Say hello to Stacey behind the bar, a nice girl !!!

#6 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Will do, hope you left a pint paid on for me.
Good luck to your lads as well. Would like to see you have a good season and funish runners up, to us obviously

#7 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 713 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Massive game for us...lose it and we're in the proverbial

#8 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Massive game for us...lose it and we're in the proverbial

Agreed

#9 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

It is a massive game for Oxford

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#10 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 713 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

We've already lost at home in the league....losing again would put us right in the mire for promotion....the pressure is on us to get a result...

#11 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Last one out turn off the lights

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#12 roughyed8

roughyed8
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Absolutely clueless !,

#13 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Another step backwards!!!!!!!

I am disappointed, fed up and bewildered with this level of performance.

Not good enough. SIMPLE

Played two at home and lost two at home, one win in the league is simply unacceptable !!!!

SORT IT OUT AND NO EXCUSES !

Regards

Totally ****** Off!

Edited by oldham13, 28 April 2013 - 04:27 PM.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#14 exiledyed

exiledyed
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Its been a long time since I posted on this forum , and before i get the critiscism from the poor souls who still waste their money on Chris Hamiltons pension fund ,yes I have not been to a game in a while and have no intention of attending a game in the near future but  I have to ask can this once proud club get any lower . Surely this is the last season of Professional rugby league in the town . Sad sad sad sad sad sad  .

#15 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

At the end of the day you cannot send out a team of youngsters and only one experienced playmaker and expect miracles. This game, and it's return game, were always going to be difficult because of the sacking of Benson and the signings of ex Oldham players who everyone said weren't good enough. These boys are not going to get us promoted, and the sooner people realise that Hamilton is just keeping the club going on the cheap the better. If he had real aspirations to get promoted he would have made sure that we had more experience in the key positions. He has no such aspirations and that makes me totally cheesed off. We are an embarrassment to the town, the game of rugby league and, most importantly, the memory of what we once had. 

#16 Augustus55

Augustus55
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

On a par with Fridays game. No evidence of game plan or structure. Poor decisions on subs and little evidence of either teams coaches being proactive to changing game conditions.

#17 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

What's the answer? Seriously were would you start. Hamilton doesn't take the field the players do, are the players not good enough? The coach? Or does Hamilton need to find investment for better players.

#18 Pigeon Lofter

Pigeon Lofter
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Unbelievable scoreline.

I was an enthusiastic supporter throughout my teenage years in the 1970s,before relocating and establishing career and family elsewhere,but have always looked for Oldham in the results section of news media. So,the decline isn't a huge surprise,as it's been persistent for many years.

It was only a few weeks ago that I read about Oxford,Hemel and Gloucester joining the RL....I remember Hemel when Bob Brown started them in the early 1980s....I was involved in the Southern ARL at the time with Peckham...and was amazed to read Oxford had a club in the same league as Oldham.

Fast forward to today,and I saw the scoreline on the BBC website. Oldham beaten at home,by Oxford. Truly shocking. An all time low?

Fantastic news for Oxford,and developing RL outside the traditional heartland,but a tragedy for Oldham.

Well,I've got my good memories of Bob Irving,Martin Murphy,Tug Wilson,Kevin Taylor,Frank Foster,Mike Elliot, Mick McCone and many other grafters back in the day. Doubt today's supporters will have the pleasure of looking back with a smile on their face when remembering how it was.

#19 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Always the optimist, at least Rochdale lost so in reality today has cost us little. Oxford were always going to be up for this game for obvious reasons. We were short of agression up front today I thought. Naylor and Spanner will reflect on this and maybe shake things up for the next game.Neither will take this defeat lying down.

Must keep getting behind the lads and the coach.Nothing else will achieve anything.

One for all and all for the one

#20 parigby

parigby
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

Unbelievable scoreline.

I was an enthusiastic supporter throughout my teenage years in the 1970s,before relocating and establishing career and family elsewhere,but have always looked for Oldham in the results section of news media. So,the decline isn't a huge surprise,as it's been persistent for many years.

It was only a few weeks ago that I read about Oxford,Hemel and Gloucester joining the RL....I remember Hemel when Bob Brown started them in the early 1980s....I was involved in the Southern ARL at the time with Peckham...and was amazed to read Oxford had a club in the same league as Oldham.

Fast forward to today,and I saw the scoreline on the BBC website. Oldham beaten at home,by Oxford. Truly shocking. An all time low?

Fantastic news for Oxford,and developing RL outside the traditional heartland,but a tragedy for Oldham.

Well,I've got my good memories of Bob Irving,Martin Murphy,Tug Wilson,Kevin Taylor,Frank Foster,Mike Elliot, Mick McCone and many other grafters back in the day. Doubt today's supporters will have the pleasure of looking back with a smile on their face when remembering how it was.

Know where you are coming from. I don't post on forums as a rule, being content to lurk in the background and read all the informed, and not so informed comment. 

But l come from the days of watching Ganley, Davies, Stirrup, Noon, Little, Pitchford, and the like. I cannot imagine the pain that fellow long term / and not so long term supporters are feeling at the demise of our once great club. At least l have my memories from the fifties.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users