League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tetley's Challenge Cup Fifth Round Draw (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#81 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Huddersfield v Leeds to be televised

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#82 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,872 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Huddersfield v Leeds to be televised

really disappointed that Sky appear to have dropped most of their Cup coverage. 

Apparently they will only broadcast a QF game - hopefully they will do two though?

#83 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

London v Bradford likely to be Friday 10th May, 8pm. This is because of the aforementioned Twickenhan 7's tournament.

Not ideal.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#84 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,581 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

On Twitter, @richardpbacon has been a bit busy in the last couple of days. At least he's responded to the criticism.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#85 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

London v Bradford likely to be Friday 10th May, 8pm. This is because of the aforementioned Twickenhan 7's tournament.

Not ideal.

Not ideal for anyone, to be honest. It'll be awful for London fans who leave work and have to travel across the city for an 8pm start - are many going to bother? I'd guess many, probably the majority, just won't have the time.

Same applies to Bulls' fans in spades - anyone who can't take a day off is goosed before they start and then, the between 2 and 3 am homecoming is enough to put everyone but the most diehard fan off.

Candidate for the lowest attendance at any cup game anywhere??

I was going to say in any sport, but hopefully I'll be there, so if someone else can bring the dog??

Edited by Bulliac, 24 April 2013 - 12:25 PM.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#86 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

On Twitter, @richardpbacon has been a bit busy in the last couple of days. At least he's responded to the criticism.

Yeah but it was just the same tweet over and over, which one TRL-er picked up on twitter...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#87 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,581 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

Yeah but it was just the same tweet over and over, which one TRL-er picked up on twitter...

Well, it was a small selection of different wordings, but should you expect a completely different wording for each response? I'm not excusing him, but there are limits to his vocabulary. And broadcasting talent.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#88 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,581 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

On his Wednesday shows, he has a section called the Moan-in, where members of the public phone in to complain about things that annoy them. Just a suggestion... ;)

#89 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,760 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Same applies to Bulls' fans in spades - anyone who can't take a day off is goosed before they start and then, the between 2 and 3 am homecoming is enough to put everyone but the most diehard fan off.

Yeah, I was thinking about going had it been Saturday or Sunday but now I'm really struggling and think I'll probably knock it on the head. Big shame. Don't think it'll be the lowest cup attendence ever, but it could be the lowest in-competition game between two sides currently in the top flight.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#90 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

I'm led to believe Catalan Dragons v York City Knights is on Sunday 12th May, 3pm.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#91 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Billy is 78 and not been in the best of health on and off for some time. A great figure to have involved but to expect a lot from him these days is a bit much.

I have to agree with that didn't mean to disrespect Billy, i never had the pleasure of seeing him in his prime but my father told me several times he was a true legend of our game. Like you say padge maybe people expect too much. Apologies. 

#92 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

I can remember, when I was quite young, Billy Boston's last match at Odsal - he was applauded all the way down from the old changing rooms and onto the field and all the way off it after the game. I can honestly say I've never seen so much respect shown by a crowd to any other visiting player.
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#93 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

I'm led to believe Catalan Dragons v York City Knights is on Sunday 12th May, 3pm.

I think they've moved it because of the Lord Derby Cup Final in Carcassonne between Avignon-Limoux on the Saturday 6pm. The Federation organise an impressive schools of rugby jamboree during the day and everybody then moves on to Stade Domec on its conclusion.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#94 FullFat

FullFat
  • Players
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Had this reply from the bbc complaints about the draw
Reference CAS-2067621-DP73Q7

Many thanks for getting in touch about Richard Bacon’s BBC Radio 5 Live programme on Monday 22nd April which including the live draw for the Tetley's Challenge Cup 2013 fifth round

Recognising your concerns and unhappiness about the draw, we reviewed the programme and discussed points raised by listeners with the station’s senior editorial team

The team have asked us to personally thank you for getting in touch and to assure you that BBC Radio 5 Live and sister station BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra are absolutely committed to coverage of Rugby League

They explain that thus far in 2013, the stations have broadcast some 36 hours of live coverage of the sport and that they’ve secured the rights to broadcast this year’s World Cup with an aim to offer live coverage of all 28 matches

BBC Radio 5 Live’s commitment to the sport was further demonstrated by their desire to undertake the Challenge Cup fifth round draw live on air from our Salford studios on Monday

However, the team responsible do acknowledge in light of your points that they didn’t get the tone of the draw right on air

The team have discussed this with Richard Bacon himself along with his production team and Richard acknowledges that he got the tone wrong thus he apologises to listeners as he genuinely didn’t mean to upset any Rugby League fans

Thank you again for getting in touch and allowing us to investigate your concerns with the team directly involved, and to respond.

We very much hope that you will feel reassured as to the BBC’s on-going commitment to Rugby League across BBC Radio 5 Live and BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra, and that you will agree that we have taken your points on board.

We appreciate your concerns on this matter and would like to assure you that we’ve registered your concerns on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's made available to many BBC staff, including our Executive Board and senior management.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Robin MacDonald

#95 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,872 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

Fair response.

#96 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,581 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

If that's a form response (and I'm not saying it is until I get my reply from them), it is at least extensive, comprehensive and they admit a bollock was dropped. Aliens have obviously taken control of the Corporation.

Edited by Futtocks, 30 April 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#97 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,581 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

If that's a form response (and I'm not saying it is until I get my reply from them), it is at least extensive, comprehensive and they admit a bollock was dropped. Aliens have obviously taken control of the Corporation.

Just received the same response. Still, they shouldn't be expected to draft a different wording for each complaint (and I'm sure there were a fair few), so it'll do for me.

#98 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

Dear Ms Hilton

Reference CAS-2067524-QJWDLH

Many thanks for getting in touch about Richard Bacon’s BBC Radio 5 Live programme on Monday 22nd April which including the live draw for the Tetley's Challenge Cup 2013 fifth round

Recognising your concerns and unhappiness about the draw, we reviewed the programme and discussed points raised by listeners with the station’s senior editorial team

The team have asked us to personally thank you for getting in touch and to assure you that BBC Radio 5 Live and sister station BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra are absolutely committed to coverage of Rugby League

They explain that thus far in 2013, the stations have broadcast some 36 hours of live coverage of the sport and that they’ve secured the rights to broadcast this year’s World Cup with an aim to offer live coverage of all 28 matches

BBC Radio 5 Live’s commitment to the sport was further demonstrated by their desire to undertake the Challenge Cup fifth round draw live on air from our Salford studios on Monday

However, the team responsible do acknowledge in light of your points that they didn’t get the tone of the draw right on air

The team have discussed this with Richard Bacon himself along with his production team and Richard acknowledges that he got the tone wrong thus he apologises to listeners as he genuinely didn’t mean to upset any Rugby League fans

Thank you again for getting in touch and allowing us to investigate your concerns with the team directly involved, and to respond.

We very much hope that you will feel reassured as to the BBC’s on-going commitment to Rugby League across BBC Radio 5 Live and BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra, and that you will agree that we have taken your points on board.

Kind Regards

Marie-Therese Gibson

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users