Featherstone bring Will Sharp back to league

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 seanfax

seanfax
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

Sharp, 26, has been playing rugby union for Doncaster Knights since leaving Hull at the end of last season, and now returns to the 13 man code.

http://www.loverugby...-to-league.html

#2 feaverpitch

feaverpitch
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

Really pleased weve signed another winger welcome will,wishing you the best of luck.I do feel we needed a centre maybe one to come?

#3 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Good to see we are signing players in positions we need competition for places. Well done and thanks to the BOD for bringing players in

#4 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Fantastic news, with all the injuries its just what we needed.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#5 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

Yes we do

#6 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

Hodson and hellewell not broken any pots, hodson scored a few but poor defense let him down ironically saxton had his best game in a while at the weekend so nothing wrong with a bit of competition - if we can get sharp to something what he was like at London and initially at hull it will have been a shrewd signing

#7 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

looks like a bit of panic buying before the fax game.......do you really need will sharpe ??

you're steve tyer and i claim £5

#8 feaverpitch

feaverpitch
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Just feel i need to reply to elpaxxr2i,The two young lads hellewelle,hodson, are they being fairly treated you say hodson hasnt broken any pots 9 tries in 9 games,hellewell is a centre not a winger-give them chance to settle in hodson got a 9 in his first game against leigh and gamestar against keighley.Keep the faith they will produce.Regarding will sharpe you have to question why he hasnt been in league-he wont score with no ball,wingers at fev dont get fed,I have seen the clip from suturday look what happened hepworth had the golden oppertunity to feed his winger easy score he went on his own.

#9 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

Just feel i need to reply to elpaxxr2i,The two young lads hellewelle,hodson, are they being fairly treated you say hodson hasnt broken any pots 9 tries in 9 games,hellewell is a centre not a winger-give them chance to settle in hodson got a 9 in his first game against leigh and gamestar against keighley.Keep the faith they will produce.Regarding will sharpe you have to question why he hasnt been in league-he wont score with no ball,wingers at fev dont get fed,I have seen the clip from suturday look what happened hepworth had the golden oppertunity to feed his winger easy score he went on his own.

you say wingers at fev dont get fed any ball ,then you say hodson has got 9 tries in 9 games !

#10 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

If you are referring to the clip on the Facebook site of Hardman's second try, that was second rower James Lockwood not Hepworth (and it was Greg Worthington outside him not a winger as Tommy Saxton had initiated that move down the middle). Tom Hodson indeed hasn't had as many chances as we'd like (though he has finished off very well when he's had the chance), but that's largely down to Sam Smeaton being out all season and Rovers not really finding the ideal replacement yet.

#11 feaverpitch

feaverpitch
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

My apologies if i blamed hepworth,whoever it was they didnt supply the man outside him basic rugby.Loooking forward to the clash on sunday,Hodson has done well with limited service.to my knowlege he hasnt missed many chances.DP will hopefully give the young ones the right direction.

#12 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

As i said in my previous post (if you had read it properly) that hodson had scored a few but his defense in a few games has been poor, its alright being able to finish off moves but if the all round game isnt there then your posistion in the team has to come into question, hes been in and out of the team also and was dropped for Saturday so that suggests that something isnt right

Helliwell appears to be a 'plodder' player to me, he doesnt stand out in any game (in the first team anyway) with a tough couple of games coming up we need players who are prepared to stand up and maybe make the difference, is helliwell and even Hodson that player?

Your comment regarding the clip has so many inaccuracies regarding players it isnt worth commenting about however i do agree that Sharp had probably lost his way in league after making a great start at Hull he went off the boil pretty quickly

However it looks like he was keen for a return to league and is prepared to drop into the championship to suceed again, the potential is there no doubt and we have success with wingers who have lost their way e.g Cockayne so this could once again turn out to be a shrewd signing and i expect to see Sharp (and Mariano) start on Sunday and looking forward to seeing him in action especially if you view his youtube highlights

Edited by elppaxr2i, 23 April 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#13 feaverpitch

feaverpitch
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for your comments on the clip i only saw breifly,I defend the youth in our side as they need time to get settled and it doesnt always happen straight away,Hellewell has got potential but not  as a winger.Lets hope fev pull out the stops as halifax need knocking down a bit.

#14 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Is it a good idea bringing in two new players for such an important match?
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#15 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

I would of liked to of seen Hodgson settled on the wing with Smeaton inside him but it wasn't to be this season We need speed in the team and Hodgson fits that I hope he stays and lets see how he progresses under Powell At least with Sharp signing he can drop wingers if they don't perform now and replace them with another winger which he couldn't do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users