TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Cup draw

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Do you want to swap? we have Catalans away.

You can make a short holiday of it John.    ;)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Yes that's a shocker SK . And Sheffield v Halifax isn't the most romantic for either . We got the best gig . They made a total horlicks of that draw to , dragged it out with meaningless waffle , then had Billy Boston mumbling , we got drew out twice apparently and are going to Hull KR to , and they got more confused from then on in .

#23 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

You can make a short holiday of it John.    ;)

Cant Keith im off on Holiday the following day. :blink:

#24 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yes that's a shocker SK . And Sheffield v Halifax isn't the most romantic for either . We got the best gig . They made a total horlicks of that draw to , dragged it out with meaningless waffle , then had Billy Boston mumbling , we got drew out twice apparently and are going to Hull KR to , and they got more confused from then on in .

Utter shambles think they should do it again. :rolleyes:

#25 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Good got you! I hope you make a few bob too.
You can beat them!
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#26 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Brilliant for Town - not to sure for Widnes - a trip too Workington is always difficult they would be more confident on their plastic pitch but at Derwent I will be predicting an upset !!!!!  at least they will all see how much better Carter is than Briscoe  :lol:

Edited by wonderofwood, 22 April 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#27 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Brilliant for Town - not to sure for Widnes - a trip too Workington is always difficult they would be more confident on their plastic pitch but at Derwent I will be predicting an upset !!!!! at least they will all see how much better Carter is than Briscoe :lol:

thats the worry when they see a number of our players are better than theres theyll be wanting dual reg off us.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#28 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Remember us beating them at DP around 1990ish. Paul penrice picked a lose ball up by the tunnel on the grandstand side and went behind the sticks if i remember rightly. Really pleased with this draw. Very tough game but you never know.

#29 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

thats the worry when they see a number of our players are better than theres theyll be wanting dual reg off us.

Well if Betts has any sense he will like to sign your better players.Briscoe will be gone next season as not in Betts plans.You can have Leuluai,Wintersteine,Davies,and Isa as they are all average.Hopefully Hock,Cross,Allen, and Marsh are back from injury.Hopefully played on a Sunday afternoon.

#30 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

We can't have overseas players unfortunately on DR and I don't think our budget will stretch to buying them !

#31 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

I hope Hock is playing . I love watching him and its a great test for Stacky and fingers crossed Brett to.

#32 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

The crowd was given as 1320 in the RLE this morning and looking at the highlights especially at the end during the interviews almost half the crowd are still there cheering.    No doubt we will be accused of not taking any fans to the Rec again and again.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#33 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

I hope Hock is playing . I love watching him and its a great test for Stacky and fingers crossed Brett to.

Hock v Acton would be mouthwatering

Edited by wonderofwood, 22 April 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#34 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

For about 20 seconds before they get sent off lol

#35 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hock v Thackeray even more so though might be a short game for them? 

Best possible draw. 

#36 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Decent draw, hopefully the widnes fans come to the match. Hilarious reactions from the losers down the road, more bitter than a bitter thing drinking bitter.

#37 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Err they'll certainly know us inside out with those spies !!!!

Betts will have plenty of DVD's from the games this year, the duel reg players take one away with them after every game

#38 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Couldn't have worked out better for us.   They must have known though as Dennis Betts is the guest speaker at Town's Vice Presidents evening on Friday, 10th May, the weekend of the match.

Someone on the Widnes forum was suggesting that if they drew us at Workington there would be several busloads of fans making the journey to see the game.

I wasn't aware of that VP night Keith, have the invites gone out ?

#39 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

My dad got his today but that was by hand .Post may be later

Edited by DavidM, 22 April 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#40 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

My dad got his today but that was by hand .Post may be later

Cheers David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users