8 replies to this topic

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Northern Rail Cup preview

Tuesday April 23
Hemel Stags v North Wales Crusaders (7.00pm)

Jermaine Coleman makes his Hemel Stags debut after completing his rehabilitation from a knee reconstruction.
But Stags coach Troy Perkins will be without Jack Molloy (broken thumb), Miles McLeod (dead leg) and Jake Hobbs (ankle) for his side's second game in four days.
Perkins said: "We've got a pretty big squad, so every player who didn't play against Wakefield on Saturday will be involved, and there'll be seven players backing up."
On North Wales Crusaders, Perkins added: "They're a good team and everyone is touting them as promotion favourites. Clive (Griffiths) will rest a couple, but the players he brings in will be looking to impress."
Crusaders will secure their place in the Northern Rail Bowl Final at Halifax providing they avoid defeat by more than 66 points.
Chrisiaan Roets (shoulder) is ruled out, but coach Clive Griffiths remains confident.
He said: "We've got our eye on Gateshead next weekend as well, but the most important thing is that we make sure we get the job done and make the final."

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Stag Fan

Stag Fan
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Looking forward to our first game under lights and our new roof.(I know there seems to be a lot of first this season)

Posted Image

www.hemelstags.com

Welcome to this world Harry, 5lb 2oz and fighting fit.

#3 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Looking forward to my first visit to Hemel Stags.  We usually travel in force (See Hull FC last Sunday!!) but with it being a 19:00 KO only a handful of us can get time off work to travel. We have managed to get a minibus full and others may travel individually. Cheers

#4 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,378 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Wish I could watch this game.  But alas I am unable to.  It should be a good one.

#5 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

This is brill, I've been waiting for decades for a fixture like this. Best of luck to both teams !

#6 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

Mike Forgham is not playing for Hemel either. Ive spoken to him on facebook. I think he is working tonight. Gogledd - Don't let the bus leave without me! I have to get petrol to drive to Wrexham but will be leaving about midday. Should be at the Turf by 1.15pm.

#7 Stag Fan

Stag Fan
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hemel Stags 24 - 36 North Wales Crusaders

HT 0 - 18

A decent game which kept the supporters happy.

Posted Image

www.hemelstags.com

Welcome to this world Harry, 5lb 2oz and fighting fit.

#8 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Great hospitality from the Stags last night. Really enjoyed the game and glad I made the trip. got home at  3am!

#9 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

That's a terrific effort by Celtic Rooster and the rest of the mini bus - well done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users