Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mariano Joins Rovers on loan

Mariano Joins Rovers on loan

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 The Two Amigos

The Two Amigos
  • Coach
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

http://www.featherst...le.php?id=11151
Come On Fev !!!!!!!!!

#2 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

He is MASSIVE, cant wait to see him running with the ball then passing the ball to Sharp . 

Giddy , cant wait to play The Small Town in Bradford ha ha

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#3 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Another good addition to the squad just what we needed to add strength

Does anyone know how long the loan is for or can he be called back after a month

Edited by jt, 22 April 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#4 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Doesn't appear to have created the usual excitement upon a new player joining the club.

#5 Paul Hewes

Paul Hewes
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

So the difference between loaning a player and getting a player on dual reg is..........????

#6 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

So the difference between loaning a player and getting a player on dual reg is..........????

...a huge one

#7 ethelred the unready

ethelred the unready
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

Is this Rocky Marciano? If so, is he joining the playing staff or the security staff for the Halifax game? 

#8 Paul Hewes

Paul Hewes
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

...a huge one

I still can't see how it is. We have a loan player on loan who is subject to being recalled to his parent club at anytime, as per a dual reg player. We have a player who is not 'ours' and not a long term acquisition. He may prove to be a very good player and benefit the team, but I still don't grasp why it is acceptable to some on here to have players on loan and not dual reg. I am not supporting the dual reg argument in anyway, I just don't get what the difference is in having 3 or 4 loan players in a team as opposed to 3 or 4 dual reg.

#9 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

I still can't see how it is. We have a loan player on loan who is subject to being recalled to his parent club at anytime, as per a dual reg player. We have a player who is not 'ours' and not a long term acquisition. He may prove to be a very good player and benefit the team, but I still don't grasp why it is acceptable to some on here to have players on loan and not dual reg. I am not supporting the dual reg argument in anyway, I just don't get what the difference is in having 3 or 4 loan players in a team as opposed to 3 or 4 dual reg.

The minimum term for a loan is 28 days, therefore he is at (and available to play for) Fev for at least this period and not just at the whim of the parent club. Also he counts as a player on Fev's register and not that of the parent club.

#10 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Apart from having him for at least a month he might actually want to come unlike a DR player who has to go to a certain club because his coach says so Hope we keep him longer if it was short term he would of gone to Donny wouldn't he

#11 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

The biggest danger is if he becomes a huge success, then Wakefield call him back just before a big game. This happened with Andy Ellis last year and disrupted the team for the NRC Final. But the reason he got recalled was unexpected, lt's hope lightning doesn't strike twice!
The big issue is: If he gets recalled to cover injuries, can he come back to us for a second loan spell? If this was the case, if he had enough qualifying games in for the play-offs, could he come back for the end of the season if Wakey weren't likely to make their play-offs?

#12 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

The biggest danger is if he becomes a huge success, then Wakefield call him back just before a big game. This happened with Andy Ellis last year and disrupted the team for the NRC Final. But the reason he got recalled was unexpected, lt's hope lightning doesn't strike twice!
The big issue is: If he gets recalled to cover injuries, can he come back to us for a second loan spell? If this was the case, if he had enough qualifying games in for the play-offs, could he come back for the end of the season if Wakey weren't likely to make their play-offs?

......ignore

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep, 25 April 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#13 Paul Hewes

Paul Hewes
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

This is where I can't see any real difference in loan or dual reg signings. To me they are virtually the same in all but name. I don't mind having quality players adding to the team but would prefer it if they were actually signed to our club and so we were not at the beck and call of some other team.

#14 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Lets be quite honest about the situation. We have had players on loan/Signed players, who have failed to step up to the mark. Players who on reputation and experience have travelled the leagues but have not cracked any pots with us.

#15 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

It is always different when it's your own club

#16 getting2old

getting2old
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

Think we should get him sign now before he's in a Castleford shirt