TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Halifax,Sun28th April 3pm K.O.

Match Thread & Predictions

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Voted Featherstone To Win (27 votes [77.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.14%

2. Halifax To Win (7 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Draw (1 votes [2.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

This week we welcome our great rivals Halifax, this promises to be another absolute cracker of a game between 2 of the best teams in The Championship.

New signings will take a while gelling into the team so hopefully the players will be on top form. Halifax are still unbeaten so will be full of confidence and will  be expecting to win.

This is a must win game for us if we want to make it four league leaders titles on the bounce so expect the players to give it their all.

Lets be loud and proud and cheer them on from start to finish " Your Just A Small Town in Bradford"

Featherstone  36-28 Halifax 

First Try -  Crossley

M.O.M.  -   Saxton

Attendance  - 2959

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#2 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hope we get plenty down this week the club deserve a big crowd

Fev 22. Fax 20

Mom. Kain

#3 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Fev   18   Fax   18

mom.....Mariano

1st try.......Finn

Attendance..3101

#4 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,576 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Should be a belter and hope the idiots from both sides stay away and leave the game to be watched by normal humans. Fax are on fire but we have to lose sometime and can see Fev doing it if we dont play for the full 80.

#5 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Thought that a vote is usually in confidence. Whats with the "other people will be able to see how you voted"?. No problem with my vote, but lets be reight about the job.

#6 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

should be a cracker on sunday just a bit concerned about the fan segrigation with the railway end shut both sides have there idiots and this might just be the excuse they need to cause some trouble hope i'm wrong and everybody has a bit of banter and may the best team win

#7 febreze

febreze
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

FEV 28 FAX 14
IST TRY ANDY ELLIS
MOM TOMMY SAXTON
ATT 2899

#8 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Pin this on the dressing room door and use as inspiration!

Fev 22 Fax 48

Think London took a lot more out of us than we are letting on, hope the new signings go well if selected

1st try Sharp

MoM Finn

Att 2854

#9 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Halifax Fans have been allocated half of the Family stand (North end) so ensure you get there really early if you want to join in with the atmosphere. Should increase the noise, but a lot will be disappointed they cant have their normal seat but its what needs to be done to ensure safety.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#10 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

to all halifax fans, when we say you have been allocated half the family stand, it only means you can sit there. you can't take it home with you.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

This game would have been a great advert for the Championship if Premier Sports had shown it tonight in the usual spot.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

I'm not going to make a prediction on this one, it's too close to call, it could be a draw, it could be tight, or one side could win big. That wouldn't make the other side a bad one though! Personally I'm a bit worried that it might go down to goal kicks and Finny is nowhere near the form of last season.

If we do lose, however, please let's not be talking rubbish about suggesting Daryl should go. We managed to lose Peter Fox twice, let's not shoot ourselves in the foot again. Over the past 3 and a bit years Daryl has set the standard, and one or two clubs have come up to it. I have a feeling that if left to do his own thing, by the end of the season he will have lifted the bar even higher......Even if we lose tomorrow! 

#13 Paulie

Paulie
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

FEV 34 - Fax 22

1st try - Tony tonks

Mom - Two try Andy Ellis

Croud - 3214

#14 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

Rovers will be without Briggs and James also Ben Kaye is doubtful, we are weak in the centres, whereas Halifax have Tyrer Patterson, Reittie, Worrincy, Heaton and Fieldhouse to select from in their outside backs. Bracek, Tonks,Robinson and Ambler are going to be tough opponents up front and with Pivots such as Handforth, Murrell, Casey, Thackeray and Ashall to pick from they will be pretty formidable. I don't make score predictions but I think Halifax will win comfortably today, not as comfortably as last year however and I hope I'm wrong but I think we'll struggle to get a bonus point today.

Although, if I was Thundergaz I'd suggest a 61-0 victory to Fev as Halifax are a shadow of themselves in seasons gone by.

#15 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

Well, well well - Form is temporary, class is permanent

Sensational in the second half - thats how to play uphill - keep discipline, starve your opponents of ball, exploit the few gaps that appear

Fax couldnt handle us at all in the second half -murrell and thackery and tiger did nowt down the slope and without them they soon wilted

Edited by elppaxr2i, 28 April 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#16 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Well done today we played for 80 minutes and controlled the game in the second half Thought we kept Murrell quiet and I believe that was key to the win today. From 1 to 17 and the coaching staff + the excellent turn out 3600 this is what RL is all about. Big game again next week lets keep it going

#17 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

Rovers will be without Briggs and James also Ben Kaye is doubtful, we are weak in the centres, whereas Halifax have Tyrer Patterson, Reittie, Worrincy, Heaton and Fieldhouse to select from in their outside backs. Bracek, Tonks,Robinson and Ambler are going to be tough opponents up front and with Pivots such as Handforth, Murrell, Casey, Thackeray and Ashall to pick from they will be pretty formidable. I don't make score predictions but I think Halifax will win comfortably today, not as comfortably as last year however and I hope I'm wrong but I think we'll struggle to get a bonus point today.

Although, if I was Thundergaz I'd suggest a 61-0 victory to Fev as Halifax are a shadow of themselves in seasons gone by.

oh dear Andrew

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#18 Birchy

Birchy
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

What a great second half!  thought Kain, Spear, Saxton and botht he new lads went really well today.  Fax have been on a great run as well, how many do we think they brough? 400?  Great overall attendance well done lads...Back in the mix!

UP THE ROVERS!

#19 Paulie

Paulie
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Absolutely the best second half uphill performance since beating Wakefield in i think 1996. Every single player was awesome.Very impressed with Will Sharp, looks the buisness and was very obviously enjoying it. What a great afternoons entertainment

#20 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hardman was outstanding 4 times he plucked attacking kicks out of the air and returned with intrest.  Like watching a magician at times.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users