TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Halifax,Sun28th April 3pm K.O.

Match Thread & Predictions

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Voted Featherstone To Win (27 votes [77.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.14%

2. Halifax To Win (7 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Draw (1 votes [2.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Michael Bates

Michael Bates
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

I have to agree, Hardman's best performance of the season, and for as long as I can remember, absolutely faultless!

#22 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Ditto

#23 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Rovers will be without Briggs and James also Ben Kaye is doubtful, we are weak in the centres, whereas Halifax have Tyrer Patterson, Reittie, Worrincy, Heaton and Fieldhouse to select from in their outside backs. Bracek, Tonks,Robinson and Ambler are going to be tough opponents up front and with Pivots such as Handforth, Murrell, Casey, Thackeray and Ashall to pick from they will be pretty formidable. I don't make score predictions but I think Halifax will win comfortably today, not as comfortably as last year however and I hope I'm wrong but I think we'll struggle to get a bonus point today.
Although, if I was Thundergaz I'd suggest a 61-0 victory to Fev as Halifax are a shadow of themselves in seasons gone by.
oh dear Andrew

When it comes to telling the future, I make Clinton Baptiste look good. Well done Rovers and a large piece of humble pie to Gaz, from me.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 28 April 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#24 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Well done lads. Great performance. A special pat on the back to Hepworth and Helliwell. They were supposed to be well out performed but showed tremendous class today. Kain was outstanding what a workhorse. 

#25 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Think the club will sell quite a few copies of the DVD of todays match,it seemed action packed for the full 80 minutes,well done to all the players and staff,funniest moment today was seeing Adamson losing it big style with Jonny Hepworth then getting dragged off by Rhino for ill discipline.

#26 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

Think the club will sell quite a few copies of the DVD of todays match,it seemed action packed for the full 80 minutes,well done to all the players and staff,funniest moment today was seeing Adamson losing it big style with Jonny Hepworth then getting dragged off by Rhino for ill discipline.

You'll need to keep the volume down, the commentator was a carried away Fev fan today.

#27 coronetking

coronetking
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Surprised Andy Ellis has not been mentioned yet. Thought his work rate for the 73mins he was on the field was outstanding and his defence enormous. To be involved as a hooker you are involved so much and he showed today what a good player he is. Scored and made two and would love to know how many tackles he made.

Agree with all the other comments as this was a fantastic all round display, and the second half performance now sets a benchmark going forward,

Well done to all.

#28 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Well done lads. Great performance. A special pat on the back to Hepworth and Helliwell. They were supposed to be well out performed but showed tremendous class today. Kain was outstanding what a workhorse.

Helliwell?

#29 coronetking

coronetking
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

one of the biggest differences today, was that we didn't keep giving penalties away.

#30 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Helliwell????? Am I missing something? ?
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#31 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Helliwell????? Am I missing something? ?

His best performance of the season Robin ;)

Anyway, to be serious, Greg had the beating of Tyrer all afternoon.

Not much to fault about any of the team today.

#32 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Best performance of the season to date. Best entertainment for the entrance money season to date. Best crowd, best atmosphere, best, well you get the idea. :D

Well done to all the players, great performances by all. It's a struggle for me to pick out a mom, but at a push I'd sit on the fence choosing between Hardo & Greg.

These are the sorts of games I want to see at POR on a regular basis, far more entertaining than some of the one sided games we've seen over the previous few seasons.

So far this season, I think all the teams we've played have demonstrated that they have stepped up a level from previous seasons. After today's game, especially the second half, maybe, just maybe we've stepped up a level too.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#33 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

now that was a team performance 1 to 17 all played there part well done lads you did us proud !! and another think was that lee crooks back at fev today working thought he'd left or was made redundant from his post

#34 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Surprised Andy Ellis has not been mentioned yet. Thought his work rate for the 73mins he was on the field was outstanding and his defence enormous. To be involved as a hooker you are involved so much and he showed today what a good player he is. Scored and made two and would love to know how many tackles he made.
Agree with all the other comments as this was a fantastic all round display, and the second half performance now sets a benchmark going forward,

Well done to all.

I would agree with that, I gave him MOM but it was difficult to split.

#35 rovers

rovers
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

andy ellis was awesome today my man of the match, kept it all going despite the effort of fax trying to disrupt our game plan before half time

#36 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

Thought Hepworth deserved m.o.m today..some awsome play + 2 cracking tackles on Tonka
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#37 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Bozzy was M.O.M for me, stopped Tonka & Barlow dead in their tracks, and on attack I lost count of the number off off-loads he got out, which meant that Fax were forever chasing our second phase play until they ran out of steam.

Good to see Mariano scoring, but there was no opposition..... Thackeray took one look at him charging to the line and bottled out.

#38 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

don't you think tonka is overweight and unfit he was blowing after the first 10 mins

#39 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

don't you think tonka is overweight and unfit he was blowing after the first 10 mins

He was never a 'stamina' player when at Fev and with his new job would expect he's not training as much now.

#40 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

He's not trained all week and yesterday was his birthday, discuss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users