Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Halifax,Sun28th April 3pm K.O.

Match Thread & Predictions

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Voted Featherstone To Win (27 votes [77.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.14%

2. Halifax To Win (7 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Draw (1 votes [2.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Love him or hate. him, Sammy Barlow is worth a quid of anyone's admission money.

#42 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

He's a proper pantomime villain!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#43 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

Whilst we're on about pantomime villains mate, how about the opposite, a gentle giant. I have briefly spoken to Stevie Crossley on several occasions this season, a true hard man , terminator, machine on the field, but a gentler, nicer, happier, polite family man you could ever wish to meet off of the field.

#44 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Smashing bloke..... and got proper coloured hair n'all! :lol:

#45 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

Couldn't fault anyone of our lads today, a great all round solid performance, I thought Ian Hardman was awesome today and was a contender for man of match. Tommy Saxton appears to be back to his old self, and when Jonny Hepworth and Tim Spears helped Greg on his way to his try, well that was priceless.

Pity ref missed those 2 attempted trips!!!

Up the Rovers!!!.
Im Fev and im proud

#46 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Smashing bloke..... and got proper coloured hair n'all! :lol:

Not that we ever so him play but I imagine him being like Malcolm Dixon.

#47 Birchy

Birchy
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Agree with all the comments.  It was good to see a linesman who is not afraid to put up his flag as well...there I did it I said something positive about an official.  Did not feel that bad!

UP THE ROVERS!

#48 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,454 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

He's a proper pantomime villain!

Well deserved win Fev. Best team won. But nothing has changed really. Any team can win the Trophies now as before the game. Well done to both sets of fans on making it a great event. The rivalry seems to be OK now and we both have moved on. The respect for both fans and clubs in the main is there. The great atmosphere was created thanks to both sets of fans. Maybe its the kick up the backside for a few Fax players who maybe mentally let themselves get in to the comfort zone.

As for Sam Barlow, off the pitch he is a top bloke. On it he is a real charactor- something the modern game seems to not have many of compared to yesteryear. Sam has publically acknowledged he was ashamed of his performance today-something that some players cant do. But he is a player that gets stuck in and one you either love or hate. He pushes his luck and he can go over the top with things. But he is very passionate about playing for his hometown team. He just needs to sort his dicipline out more.

#49 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Well deserved win Fev. Best team won. But nothing has changed really. Any team can win the Trophies now as before the game. Well done to both sets of fans on making it a great event. The rivalry seems to be OK now and we both have moved on. The respect for both fans and clubs in the main is there. The great atmosphere was created thanks to both sets of fans. Maybe its the kick up the backside for a few Fax players who maybe mentally let themselves get in to the comfort zone.As for Sam Barlow, off the pitch he is a top bloke. On it he is a real charactor- something the modern game seems to not have many of compared to yesteryear. Sam has publically acknowledged he was ashamed of his performance today-something that some players cant do. But he is a player that gets stuck in and one you either love or hate. He pushes his luck and he can go over the top with things. But he is very passionate about playing for his hometown team. He just needs to sort his dicipline out more.

Absolutely mate, well said.

#50 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

When it comes to telling the future, I make Clinton Baptiste look good. Well done Rovers and a large piece of humble pie to Gaz, from me.

I told you we would do them Andrew. I must admit I thought we would win by 2 try's at best but I didn't expect that score line. Great win/performance from the lads. Just need to keep it going now.

#51 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

Well done Fev, great result, looking forward to your visit although not as optimistic as I was before yesterdays game at Leigh.

#52 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

No-one goes to Batley thinking they can win with ease Batlad ..it should be an almighty cracker;

#53 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Whilst we're on about pantomime villains mate, how about the opposite, a gentle giant. I have briefly spoken to Stevie Crossley on several occasions this season, a true hard man , terminator, machine on the field, but a gentler, nicer, happier, polite family man you could ever wish to meet off of the field.

Chris Burton, Andrew. He was a mild-mannered gentle giant, but I can't think of anyone harder and nastier on it!

BTW, does anyone else think that Frankie Mariano looks like Chris Burton?........Hope he's half as good! 

#54 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

If chris burton gets cracked everyday for the next 25 yrs he'll still be in credit that one. One hard nasty bug ger.
Yet.....lovely bloke and an absolute gentleman!

Edited by Robin Evans, 29 April 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#55 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

No-one goes to Batley thinking they can win with ease Batlad ..it should be an almighty cracker;

Ignoring both Batley and Fax (no disrespect intended), I believe that Sheffield are the team to be aware of this season.

#56 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Ignoring both Batley and Fax (no disrespect intended), I believe that Sheffield are the team to be aware of this season.

None taken, hope you come in your drove's and we have a great game, good luck, although not too much !!!!