TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet Away

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

This sunday sa you all (should) know, we play Hunslet down in south leeds. This could hopefully be our first away league win since Dewsbury 2011. With this in mind we need to make sure they get our full backing make sure we're there. Here's what we can do to help...

1) Stand together.

The majority of Knights away games these days we are all over the place and it makes it look like there are only 10-20 Knights fans there. That's why I suggest we all stand just to the right of the tunell on the lower tier as if you're facing the pitch. That way we're all together and it looks like there are actually some Knights fans there.

2) Flags

One of the best ways to show our support and colours. Since I took some to Batley earlier in the season, I have seen an increase in flags home & away which is excellent to see. It was nice seeing 3 flags at the back of the terrace plus all the ones at the front. I think the best place to put them if you're bringing any is over the top tier. Everyone (inc. the players) will see them that way. Even those passing around the ground will.

3) Confetti.

I have made 55 sandwich bags full of confetti and intend to hand them out. All I ask is that you throw it when the Knights come out, show them we're here. Amongst the confetti, there'll be a couple of streamers and blue & white balloons.

4) Noise.

If we all cheered when a conversion was scored it would be a great boost when Carr takes his next kick. I have noticed we don't cheer as much when we score a con. On top of that I know the drum will be there so lets make some noise and cheer them on. It should uplift them.

Finally, enjoy the game. And lets see us win our first away league game since 2011...

Hopefully!

YCK

#2 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

I like you. You are now Head of Noisy support at the Knights.

Now go get'em Champ!

Posted Image

#3 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

This sunday sa you all (should) know, we play Hunslet down in south leeds. This could hopefully be our first away league win since Dewsbury 2011. With this in mind we need to make sure they get our full backing make sure we're there. Here's what we can do to help...

1) Stand together.

The majority of Knights away games these days we are all over the place and it makes it look like there are only 10-20 Knights fans there. That's why I suggest we all stand just to the right of the tunell on the lower tier as if you're facing the pitch. That way we're all together and it looks like there are actually some Knights fans there.

2) Flags

One of the best ways to show our support and colours. Since I took some to Batley earlier in the season, I have seen an increase in flags home & away which is excellent to see. It was nice seeing 3 flags at the back of the terrace plus all the ones at the front. I think the best place to put them if you're bringing any is over the top tier. Everyone (inc. the players) will see them that way. Even those passing around the ground will.

3) Confetti.

I have made 55 sandwich bags full of confetti and intend to hand them out. All I ask is that you throw it when the Knights come out, show them we're here. Amongst the confetti, there'll be a couple of streamers and blue & white balloons.

4) Noise.

If we all cheered when a conversion was scored it would be a great boost when Carr takes his next kick. I have noticed we don't cheer as much when we score a con. On top of that I know the drum will be there so lets make some noise and cheer them on. It should uplift them.

Finally, enjoy the game. And lets see us win our first away league game since 2011...
Please note south Leeds stadium is all seated so you won't be standing full stop

Hopefully!

#4 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

And confetti is banned ;)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#5 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

Spoil sport Blackpool !!!!!! : )
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#6 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

Are they going to frisk everyone for confetti?

#7 mick sturbs

mick sturbs
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

And confetti is banned ;)

You've swept the seas before now you can sweep the stand !!!

#8 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

ha ha ha , quality
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#9 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

Car full for us.

Agree - all sit together, also WEAR BL**DY KNIGHTS COLOURS!!

Edited by shades2, 23 April 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#10 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

Ref for Sunday is Mr R Laughton - if he lets the game flow like last time we had him,

Ronnie will do for me.

#11 mick sturbs

mick sturbs
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

A good referee is Mr Laughton, one of the best

#12 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

He's been by far the best ref this season

#13 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Ref for Sunday is Mr R Laughton - if he lets the game flow like last time we had him,
Ronnie will do for me.

Thought Marchy was the ref. lol

#14 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Might not be back until the home Hunslet game, but sounds like Matt Nicholson is

recovering well from his op & could be training tonight

#15 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Ronnie will do for me.

Great stuff. He'll be the best ref on that pitch that day, so lets give him every reason to favour us.
All together now... "There's only one Ronnie Laughton..."

Might not be back until the home Hunslet game, but sounds like Matt Nicholson is
recovering well from his op & could be training tonight

Fantastic news is that.

#16 JonT

JonT
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Me and me Dad will be coming over, so that's a couple more.

Due to work, and the such like, I usually only make it to a handful of games a year now but couldn't miss out on this one! 

#17 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Me and me Dad will be coming over, so that's a couple more.

Due to work, and the such like, I usually only make it to a handful of games a year now but couldn't miss out on this one! 

Same here, lost a days double pay and used a days holiday so I can be at the game

#18 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

You must be worried if your needing to get the ref onside. Hopefully march Will be dropped been useless this season

#19 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Three of us going. always look forward to this game.

win or lose,were on the booze.

#20 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

You must be worried if your needing to get the ref onside.

Nah, just New York has a New Attitude - part of that is being nice to the pr*ts with whistles.

Hopefully march Will be dropped been useless this season

I'd drop him...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users