challenge cup dilema

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

well well, what a sinario. town draw widnes in next round of cup. now what team is it that town are dual reg with? this was always going to happen. this system is riddled with what ifs. good job town havnt been total relying on favours from widnes up to know. i dont think they will be loaning any desent lads for next round. hope we are still about in this league next season and they drop this donkey asap.

#2 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

Off the wall, Town haven't had any players from Widnes for any of the cup matches as they didn't want any of their players cup-tied, so we definitely won't be getting any when we play Widnes.

Did you not notice that Batley were at home to Huddersfield Giants in the weekends ties and guess what, they are also partner clubs?????

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#3 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Very quick protest

#4 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Very quick protest

Only because Town have not abused the DR system like other clubs that are partnered with SL clubs.   In most games where we have used then there has only been 1 player (Hulme) who hasn't made his SL debut yet.  We had Adam Lawton for 1 game, Grant Gore for 1 game and Ben Davies for 1 game.

Earlier in the season we were offered Sean Briscoe but turned him down because we have Brett Carter playing out of his skin in that position.   He would have played against Keighley though but it was postponed.    So we have played it just the same as last season the same as many other clubs did including Barrow.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#5 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

The way that I see it Town are using the system correctly at the moment, but I don't agree with the way the system is totally open to abuse and I am happy that Barrow have decided against DR as I am not interested in going to watch a SL reserve side which is the way that some Championship clubs are being used.

Good luck to Town the only Cumbrian side left in the competion and in with a real chance of moving on to the next round.

Edited by Penno, 23 April 2013 - 09:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users