Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tonga at DP

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Did any of you see the piece by Malcolm Andrews in the RLE this morning?    He was telling all the good folk of Workington to make sure they get along to see the Tongans take on Scotland.    He had witnessed as he said "the mother of all thrashings" that they handed out to Samoa at the weekend.

The Tongans have set a target of making the semi-finals so it sounds like we will be well entertained come October/November.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Yes , very good . I've been and got my tickets sorted , can't wait . Taking my young nephew along and the old fella , something to see and remember . Tonga have loads of NRL talent and could have the likes of Jennings to , and probably TRex Williams who's being far to slovenly and off form to get back in the Kangaroos set up . And not to mention Italy with the legend Minichiello and the likes of Terry Campese looking to be involved . And not forgetting our brave hearts !! Should be good , I'm eternally grateful to haven . Tonga must be quite good because Samoa were top heavy with NRL stars to . Wish Premier Sports had shown that , they should have in the run up to the WC . Funny pitch invasion to . Highlights on YouTube of that game .

Edited by DavidM, 22 April 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#3 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

It would be great if there was a Cumbria v Tonga warm-up match

#4 Bring back the wall

Bring back the wall
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Yes , very good . I've been and got my tickets sorted , can't wait . Taking my young nephew along and the old fella , something to see and remember . Tonga have loads of NRL talent and could have the likes of Jennings to , and probably TRex Williams who's being far to slovenly and off form to get back in the Kangaroos set up . And not to mention Italy with the legend Minichiello and the likes of Terry Campese looking to be involved . And not forgetting our brave hearts !! Should be good , I'm eternally grateful to haven . Tonga must be quite good because Samoa were top heavy with NRL stars to . Wish Premier Sports had shown that , they should have in the run up to the WC . Funny pitch invasion to . Highlights on YouTube of that game .

#5 Bring back the wall

Bring back the wall
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

There is no jennings left Stokes supped it all

#6 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Nice one mate , whets the appetite .

#8 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

Tue Oct 29
KO: 8:00pm V Scotland

Sun Nov 03
KO: 4:00pm v Italy

Kick off times confirmed....might try and get over for the games.Be good be back in West Cumbria for some RL :-)

#9 pora pora

pora pora
  • Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Really poor quality scotland and italy mights well be kells and egremont they would beat them 2

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Yep should do yanto , should be good . Chance to see Minichiello alone , what a legend .

#11 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

Really poor quality scotland and italy mights well be kells and egremont they would beat them 2

I take it you won't be going choccy

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

Anthony Minichiello , Mark Minichiello , Aidan Guerra , Terry Campese , Anthony Laffranchi , Shaun Berrigan , Craig Gower , Cameron Ciraldo , James Tedesco , Vic Mauro , Kade Snowden etcetc..... Boy the amateur standard in Cumbria must have took off . If ever there was a statement that shows up a total rugby ignorance we've just had it .

Edited by DavidM, 27 April 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#13 pora pora

pora pora
  • Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

I take it you won't be going choccy

correct I wont watch better up at lowca and it aint choccy bad luck

#14 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

How about a witty comeback on the list of players above?

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

We're gonna see two sides bringing bagfulls of NRL players we'd never dream of seeing - at OUR ground in a global spectacle . It's an honour for us , a great showcase and a great watch . Tonga are rapidly becoming the talk of the WC . Obviously the bitterness still runs deep with a few killjoys .

#16 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

your comments really show how gutted you are that dopeland council blew your chance of hosting the RLWC.

Edited by town4me, 27 April 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#17 pora pora

pora pora
  • Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

your comments really show how gutted you are that dopeland council blew your chance of hosting the RLWC.

not at all widnes4me better teams and I might of been interested.town only applied for the games to get a free spruce up, and boy thats worked (not).

#18 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hopefully they will be good tussles for everyone to enjoy .
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

There probably won't be to many better teams than Tonga , they're a bolter .

#20 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Boltrr?
COME ON YOU TOWN!!