Swinton Predictions

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Think it will be very close anyway. We simply cannot afford to lose this one!!!

Darren holt doesn't seem to think so http://www.nwemail.c...ferrerPath=home..... owell!! :blink:

If the coach doesn't seem to think its a must win game then neither will the players!

Edited by shun, 26 April 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#22 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

So what? No interest in what they have on the website. No squad number.... If they want to play him they will have to loan him.

so gareth hock is a widnes player?

#23 robmac

robmac
  • Coach
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

How long is Ryan Shaw contract with Swinton because i thought i read he sign 4 year deal with warrington 2 years ago ?

#24 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Every game is a must win game from now on until were safe. Nearly half way through the season with 4 teams above and one below having a game in hand over us, I would say this is definately a must win game!!

Darren holt doesn't seem to think so http://www.nwemail.c...ferrerPath=home..... owell!! :blink:

If the coach doesn't seem to think its a must win game then neither will the players!

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#25 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Depends on how many Warrington players are available !

We will be winners in the long run, despite how much negativity you may read on our forum.
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#26 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

Funny Barrow taking the moral high ground when they've cheated more than any team in recent years
Instead of going dual reg we should have signed countless players with back handers
Short memories. Stupid comments.

#27 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

I'm surprised someone hasn't already said what Mark Richardson just has. Some people have really short memories, clubs like Swinton are not breaking any rules, it's just that the rules are pretty stupid.

#28 BRAIDER68

BRAIDER68
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

Ryan Shaw had a 4 year contract with Warrington but when they partnered up with Swinton the RFL allowed Swinton to take over what was his last year

of the 4 year contract so he could play the season with them. He still trains full-time with Warrington 1st Team and I am told by a family member that Warrington still

have ambitions for him as a Warrington 1st team player. I have also been told that Ryan has been attracting some interest from Rugby Union clubs and 2 premier clubs have made inquires about him and I'm told he is very interested in changing codes. I can see why they are sniffing as he is an outstanding kicker.

Shame if he changes codes would love to see him in Barrow shirt again.

#29 robmac

robmac
  • Coach
  • 523 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

We will be winners in the long run, despite how much negativity you may read on our forum.

There only 1 winner that is Super league The RFL are killing the game outside Super League.

#30 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

There only 1 winner that is Super league The RFL are killing the game outside Super League.

You think super league are benefitting? Seems like we have a league where every game matters whereas they do not start competing until the season is two thirds over. In addition, the standard of players playing in the championship has generally increased this year (smaller super league squads) so I understand all the concerns but am unsure that super league are greatly benefitting. We have a great game, that is always important to remember.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#31 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

Blimey we haven't even played you yet and already the "your Warrington" rubbish is being used. What is the reaction going to be if you win,it'll be like your cup final then.
Get a grip look at the table......any Warrington players we have used or indeed signed apart from the two established dual reg are young kids who through no fault of their or their club would not have had anywhere to play this year.

#32 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

Blimey we haven't even played you yet and already the "your Warrington" rubbish is being used. What is the reaction going to be if you win,it'll be like your cup final then.
Get a grip look at the table......any Warrington players we have used or indeed signed apart from the two established dual reg are young kids who through no fault of their or their club would not have had anywhere to play this year.

name a 17 man team without using warrington players....

#33 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

What about Chris bridge??

#34 Sp1der

Sp1der
  • Facebook
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Anyone know the officials for tomorrow's game?

Really looking forward to this game and I hope the Swinton fans have a safe journey

Good on Ryan for getting first team rugby but its shame it wasn't for Barrow

Raiders 42-16

Sp1der

#35 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

The RFL are killing the game inside and outside Super League...2300 at Salford tonight and 2800 at London; Not so super dooper after all;

#36 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

name a 17 man team without using warrington players....

Saw young Spencer in the gym near Swinton. He didn't sign for us....probably because you offered far more money. Who in their right mind would sign and travel to your place three times a week otherwise
I take it you've forgotten all the dirty des Johnson dealings which brought you/ bought you lots of success in very recent years
These pathetic oft repeated ill thought out jibes are hard to take from most clubs let alone Barrow fans who've had more experience than most of breaking rules and also a lot of top class dual ref players in recent yesrs

#37 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

What about Chris bridge??

The clue was in the line "the two established dual reg"
Him and Wood

#38 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

I'm surprised someone hasn't already said what Mark Richardson just has. Some people have really short memories, clubs like Swinton are not breaking any rules, it's just that the rules are pretty stupid.

AGREE!!!!!!!

#39 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Peter Brooke is the man in the middle today

#40 robmac

robmac
  • Coach
  • 523 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

You think super league are benefitting? Seems like we have a league where every game matters whereas they do not start competing until the season is two thirds over. In addition, the standard of players playing in the championship has generally increased this year (smaller super league squads) so I understand all the concerns but am unsure that super league are greatly benefitting. We have a great game, that is always important to remember.

yes  i do think super league are  benefiting because they keep all the best young talent without releasing them  and putting them on dual reg. Championship would be alot stronger if they were signed on for Championship clubs, then they would be able to make much needed cash to keep them a float by paying transfer fee's for these players which would help them to invest and develop young player's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users