Chris Evans

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

Good to hear Steve McNamara on Radio 2 with the World Cup Trophy.

Came across very well, Chris Evans also extremely enthusiastic about the tournament at the end of they year and mentioned John Bevan and Brian Bevan as his all time favourite RL players.

Described the World Cup Trophy as the biggest trophy he has ever seen! Really bigged up the major games, and the semi double header at Wembley, commenting on the cost of attending as being extremely good value!

Edited by Southstander13, 23 April 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

Heh, I just stuck this on the WC tickets thread, great minds!

That's what 6+ million listeners there in one fell swoop?

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

I did consider putting it on there, plumped for its own thread though to hopefully counteract yesterdays slightly less successful Radio 5 live cup draw!

I think Chris Evans should be a focus for promotion, a Warrington lad, loves getting involved in big sporting events, and his enthusiasm for nearly everything is quite contagious! He said he was already excited about the World Cup, and he sounded very genuine about it too!

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

I did consider putting it on there, plumped for its own thread though to hopefully counteract yesterdays slightly less successful Radio 5 live cup draw!

I think Chris Evans should be a focus for promotion, a Warrington lad, loves getting involved in big sporting events, and his enthusiasm for nearly everything is quite contagious! He said he was already excited about the World Cup, and he sounded very genuine about it too!

He does a lot on his show for Children In Need (auctions and stuff), which is 15th November, and is slap bang in the middle of the tournament. Tenuous I know but maybe something to look at.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

This is where we should get the high profile RL fans involved for some kind of Children in Need sporting contest.

Rooney, Giggs, Ferdinand, Wiggins, and if you could manage to get Russell Crowe or Hugh Jackman involved too, along with past and present RL players we could raise some cash for charity whilst also getting a bit of free publicity for the World Cup.

Its all these little guest appearances and small features that help build the profile of the sport.

#6 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

Heh, I just stuck this on the WC tickets thread, great minds!

That's what 6+ million listeners there in one fell swoop?

Closer to 9/10 million

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#7 Rioman

Rioman
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Good to hear Steve McNamara on Radio 2 with the World Cup Trophy.

Came across very well, Chris Evans also extremely enthusiastic about the tournament at the end of they year and mentioned John Bevan and Brian Bevan as his all time favourite RL players.

Described the World Cup Trophy as the biggest trophy he has ever seen! Really bigged up the major games, and the semi double header at Wembley, commenting on the cost of attending as being extremely good value!

Listen and learn Richard Bacon

#8 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Chris Evans is much more entertaining now he has calmed down. He was too annoying back in the 90s, but I suppose that was the trend back then.

#9 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

My only annoyance with him; he's never too far from telling us how rich he is. He's too ostentatious at times.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#10 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,212 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

Chris Evans is much more entertaining now he has calmed down. He was too annoying back in the 90s, but I suppose that was the trend back then.

He was very shrill, and I never warmed to him at the time, but he's improved now he's older and more laid-back.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#11 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,676 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Glad to hear that; at various time Evans has acted like a bumhole towards both Warrington and rugby league.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#12 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,676 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

Just had a snippet with McNamara on BBC London local TV news, saying he was confident Wembley would be sold out and that Londoners would love the product.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#13 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,212 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

Half page with big pic of Steve holding the trophy in front of Wembley Stadium in today's Metro (London edition), including a paragraph on the Wigan news about Mossop, Hock and Powell.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#14 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Half page with big pic of Steve holding the trophy in front of Wembley Stadium in today's Metro (London edition), including a paragraph on the Wigan news about Mossop, Hock and Powell.

Crikey.  London is getting more exposure to the world cup in the media than we are Up North.

#15 MOT

MOT
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Crikey.  London is getting more exposure to the world cup in the media than we are Up North.

I think the world cup (especially the semis) is seen as a platform to really promote the game down South.

As for the evans feature, I find myself saying this more and more this year...well done to the RFL/marketing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users