TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Link with St. Helens.

The facts!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

Just by way of gathering the facts I did a bit of checking last night about the decision to form the link with St. Helens. Here are the FACTS:

Members debated the Saints deal on Thursday 22nd of November 2012 at Spotland Stadium. Members then had an update on the deal and asked questions on it at the next members meeting which took place on the 6th of March at The Pioneers Museum. Members will again be updated and be allowed to ask questions at the next members meeting which is down for May/June time.

The club sends out a weekly email newsletter to Members on which the club email address is and they are asked if they have any questions they would like an answer to and any question has been answered, OK?

I wasn't aware of these facts as I've been a victim of ill health for the last couple of years and have not been able to attend meetings but it would tend to suggest that the fans have had much more input than has been given credit for by the posters who have written concerning this aspect of the club's affairs.

As long as I am at liberty to attend the next meeting I will start a thread for people who would like answers to queries/questions and after asking these will report back, but there is a better way of going about things and that is to join the club and get off your duff and ask your own questions. However that would involve the people concerned having some support for the club when it would appear that some don't fall into this category and probably never will.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#2 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

I did a bit of checking myself. See

http://www1.skysport...Whitehaven-RLFC

This predated the meeting you mention where the link was debated.

#3 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

weve only used ade gardner , ant walker , lee greenwood all once and tommy makinson maybe twice but not sure how many have you lot used so far

#4 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

I did a bit of checking myself. See

http://www1.skysport...Whitehaven-RLFC

This predated the meeting you mention where the link was debated.

Your point being........

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#5 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Point being the link was established prior to the meeting you mention. So the direction of the club (with respect to this link) was determined (and this particualr club policy adopted) without input from the membership.

The club website says

"As a Club co-owner/member you will have a say in how it's run, submit suggestions, discuss these at members meetings where everyone's opinions are debated and voted on, and therefore influence the direction the club takes . . . As a member driven club no-one member has more say than another, whatever membership you have taken out for the season you have an equal say in members meetings where club policies are decided"

Seems somewhat different to what happened, debating after a club policy has been determined and implemented. Club policy was determined PRIOR to November's meeting. So at which meeting did members have a say in deciding this particular policy?

Incidentally under history on the club website it says that Stanky is still the club coach. It might be worth updating that part of the website at some point.

#6 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

I didn't say that the link was decided at the meeting, just that there was a meeting. There was also a meeting when the board was elected, I'm guessing you weren't at either as you never tire of telling us that you are not a member.

What is your beef? You're not a member, you don't come to the games, I'm guessing you haven't bought a shirt, just what does that make you? A TROLL!

You just come on here and belly-ache at the people who are trying to make the club successful. In the last two years the club has broken even and made a small profit, any chance of a well done from you? When did the last lot ever break even or make a profit except the year they sold the Athletic Grounds?

The only time you come on here is to be negative either to Hornets or the RFL so sadly I have to demand that if you want to persist in this trolling you will have to identify yourself in either your username or signature. This is a non-footballing matter.

Comply with the rules or have your posts deleted.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#7 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 806 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Sorry, but this is healthy debate. I have never seen anything anywhere where it says we can only discuss footballing matters. Everything that has been posted appears to be backed up by fact.

It never ceases to amaze me, but all the other forums appear to be able to post whatever they want, and that includes a bit of name calling, check out the history on the Owdumb site there's some good old fashioned vitriolic banter on there and its a regular feature, so why have we got the shackles and chains of censorship. Its all beyond me matey. I have posted very little over the past few months because it all got so petty. I used to post regularly, and if I saw something I was'nt happy about, I would open my mouth, just ask the Board members, as soon as they spotted me they would think "Bl**dy Ell, he's here again.

And Just for the record: The Baron is Brent Rawstron.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#8 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

,well said baron theres nothing wrong with a bit of banter  jb 

#9 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

I think if I referred to someone as a troll it would be intepreted as attacking an individual poster and I would be banned from posting.  I have never name- called anyone, (but have been called names by several posters - I recall retard being one of the charming contributions) but no doubt those who dont seem to be subject to the rules of civility on this site will now be able to get out their crayons and wipe me out.

I have pointed out it appears there is some distance between the role members were told they would play and the role they are actually playing.  This was initially raised by another poster (a club  member) who was given short shrift.  You dont seem to be disputing this so you revert to name calling (and apparently questioning my right to make such posts on this forum which is not, as far as I am aware, for members only).

Provide a simple yes or no answer to the question, were members  asked for their opinions on the desirability of the formal St Helens link prior to that arrangement being established?   That is what members were told would happen regarding club policy.  Simple - its not about whether they should or shouldn't be asked prior to decisions being taken by the board, but whether they were.

One word answer please - no need for name calling, insults etc etc.  Lets try to keep this civil.

#10 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

yes
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#11 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

I think if I referred to someone as a troll it would be intepreted as attacking an individual poster and I would be banned from posting.  I have never name- called anyone, (but have been called names by several posters - I recall retard being one of the charming contributions) but no doubt those who dont seem to be subject to the rules of civility on this site will now be able to get out their crayons and wipe me out.

http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp

Not name calling but a reference to how you behave, checkout the link!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#12 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

Sorry, but this is healthy debate. I have never seen anything anywhere where it says we can only discuss footballing matters. Everything that has been posted appears to be backed up by fact.

It never ceases to amaze me, but all the other forums appear to be able to post whatever they want, and that includes a bit of name calling, check out the history on the Owdumb site there's some good old fashioned vitriolic banter on there and its a regular feature, so why have we got the shackles and chains of censorship. Its all beyond me matey. I have posted very little over the past few months because it all got so petty. I used to post regularly, and if I saw something I was'nt happy about, I would open my mouth, just ask the Board members, as soon as they spotted me they would think "Bl**dy Ell, he's here again.

And Just for the record: The Baron is Brent Rawstron.

Been saying something similar for weeks. Only for the moderator to think i think he is, and i quote "the anti Christ" glad it's not just me who thinks the forum is dying a slow death
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#13 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

yes

Thank you boro hornet for providing a clear a concise answer.   Conitinuing to avoid any matters of opinion  would you, or any other poster, be able to provide answers to the following questions:

1.  What was the vote in favour of the link?

2. What was the date of the vote?

Again both questions relating to facts.

Thanks again

#14 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 478 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

I didn't say that the link was decided at the meeting, just that there was a meeting. There was also a meeting when the board was elected, I'm guessing you weren't at either as you never tire of telling us that you are not a member.

What is your beef? You're not a member, you don't come to the games, I'm guessing you haven't bought a shirt, just what does that make you? A TROLL!

You just come on here and belly-ache at the people who are trying to make the club successful. In the last two years the club has broken even and made a small profit, any chance of a well done from you? When did the last lot ever break even or make a profit except the year they sold the Athletic Grounds?

The only time you come on here is to be negative either to Hornets or the RFL so sadly I have to demand that if you want to persist in this trolling you will have to identify yourself in either your username or signature. This is a non-footballing matter.

Comply with the rules or have your posts deleted.

Pugwash.

"When did the last lot ever break even"

That wouldn't be Pugwash opening old wounds again would it having a dig at previous administrations?

You wonder why there is so much ill feeling around the place - look in the mirror coco

#15 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

Not having a go at anyone Gavin, just pointing out that the board that seem to be getting a right going over from a few people about the Saints link have not got any congratulations for their performance in running the club in comparison to the old company. Quick to moan but slow to praise.

Oh and please don't worry yourself about my standing in the club, over the last 18 months with my poor mobility there have been many people who have put themselves out to help me in every way possible. I feel very humble in fact at the way this has happened.

Finally Gavin, when I look in the mirror I see someone who is doing his level best to support the club he loves and looking forward to the season ahead, what do you see?

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#16 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

The Future !.....as he His Coaching  one of the Youth sides at Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C. !  ;)

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#17 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 478 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Not having a go at anyone Gavin, just pointing out that the board that seem to be getting a right going over from a few people about the Saints link have not got any congratulations for their performance in running the club in comparison to the old company. Quick to moan but slow to praise.

Oh and please don't worry yourself about my standing in the club, over the last 18 months with my poor mobility there have been many people who have put themselves out to help me in every way possible. I feel very humble in fact at the way this has happened.

Finally Gavin, when I look in the mirror I see someone who is doing his level best to support the club he loves and looking forward to the season ahead, what do you see?

Pugwash.

I dont see why you would make a comparison as there is no comparison with this and the old company, the old company backed themselves and their views and decisions with their own hard earned cash and also never got any congratulations (if anything quite the opposite) - this lot don't they just make silly decisions as fans backed financially to at least some point by Paul Ormerod (he may not tip up now but he certainly did for first 2/3 seasons)

Also with regard to your standing within the club I never mentioned it and actually don't give a toss

The mirror thing - fortunately when I look in the mirror I don't see you Coco

#18 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

I'm locking this as there's another thread dealing with questions etc.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users