• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 MamaKangaroo

MamaKangaroo
  • Coach
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

Powell confirmed
Mossop and Hock both to Paramatta, with Mossop to return to Wigan at the end of the deal
Saun Long has joined the coaching staff

#2 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

You've missed the 5 year deal for Faz out of that list (so at least some good news).

I'm not sure I'm happy about Long joining the coaching staff but I guess the rumours that Harris will go to Salford have some weight.

#3 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Big news Indeed.. gonna be interesting watching Hock in the NRL, and Powell in SL. Don't envy him taking in that first hit up!

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#4 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Did I read somewhere that IL has said during the press conference that Tomkins will ge going to the NRL in 2014 or 2015?

#5 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Did I read somewhere that IL has said during the press conference that Tomkins will ge going to the NRL in 2014 or 2015?

Its not on the Warriors press release that I've read, but it may be possible it was mentioned.

#6 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

Are Mossop and Hock immediate?

Poor old Viking Warrior - he was so in love.
People called Romans they go the house

#7 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,167 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

"So 31 year old Rugby Union convert joins Wigan, can't help but think its a slap in the chops to the junior forwards coming through"

- a RL journalist on twitter proving that every silver lining must have a cloud

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Reading the link from the simulcast thread, he joins on 1st June, so that answers my question.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,956 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

Well I suppose it's nice for Wigan to have some good news in the build up to what should be a crushing defeat fpr them on Friday evening.

(Ahem)!

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

I'd love to know what Dudson, Lloyd and Flower think of this, not as challenge for position, but whether they hold him in high regard and see him as a high-profile Weslh union player who has a lot of international experience.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

I'd love to know what Dudson, Lloyd and Flower think of this, not as challenge for position, but whether they hold him in high regard and see him as a high-profile Weslh union player who has a lot of international experience.

I'm wondering if, with the probable departure of Harris to Salford, Powell will become the ambassador for Wales so to speak.

If thats the case it could be a smart move by Lenegan? Not convinced myself yet though.

#12 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

I've read on the Wigan board IL stating that Sam will be going to the NRL not union, either next year or the year after. Nothing confirmed though.

#13 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

I've read on the Wigan board IL stating that Sam will be going to the NRL not union, either next year or the year after. Nothing confirmed though.

Thought id seen it somewhere, must have been on twitter! Good news if he stays in RL though, even if its a big loss for Super League!

#14 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Thought id seen it somewhere, must have been on twitter! Good news if he stays in RL though, even if its a big loss for Super League!

Agreed, better being in the NRL than lost to Union. Although I'd prefer he stayed at Wigan obviously.

#15 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Sounds like an interesting day in Pie Land.
I would be surprised if Powell does anything of note, but all the other news sounds pretty good.
Hock was gone anyway so to get cash for him is good business.
Mossop is potentially a very fine player, but we are by no means reliant on him.
I want him to stay, but if not going to the NRL is a far far better option than the Dark Side.
I like the idea of a contract under which the player comes back to us. Is that the sort of provision they had in the Harris contract?

#16 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,023 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'm not at all convinced about Wigan signing Andy Powell. He's 32 in august and i expect that we are looking at 2 years max of playing Rugby League for him. I would have sooner the money Wigan have spent in signing him was spent on junior development, or signing young players from the championship. I do though wish Andy Powell all the best in his new code.

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

:angry:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

If (sic) he makes the Welsh WC squad, it'll put a few on the Cardiff gate (if only to boo him).

#19 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

What happened to Ephrame Lauaki ?

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

What happened to Ephrame Lauaki ?

Injured and rumoured to have had a big ol' bust up with Wane.

My point though was from a Welsh perspective.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users