• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

What happened to Ephrame Lauaki ?

Hindle xiii has it right. Its rumoured he's played his last game for Wigan. No really a loss.

#22 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Injured and rumoured to have had a big ol' bust up with Wane.

My point though was from a Welsh perspective.

Thought Lauaki signing was a Wane ' project ' , sounds like the experiment failed . injured for Wigan

I get your point re Flower Dudson & Lloyd,

When Harris came up to Wigan from Crusaders , he basically brought some of their best forward prospects , and have already featured , Wane openly states SL is a young persons game , now they bring in a 32 yr old with little or no league experience . it goes against the whole philosophy of the new Wigan set up ?  

#23 MamaKangaroo

MamaKangaroo
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

You've missed the 5 year deal for Faz out of that list (so at least some good news).

I'm not sure I'm happy about Long joining the coaching staff but I guess the rumours that Harris will go to Salford have some weight.

Sorry! I had intended to put that in - that's the best bit IMO, can believe it slipped my mind!

Shame Wigan didn't hold onto that news for a few days, its going to be overshadowed now with the Powell/Mossop stuff and The ginger peal deserves all the attention the news would have brought him.

#24 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

I'll reserve judgement on the Powell signing until he does his first interview.

If he bigs the game up like he should he will be a hero to me forever!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#25 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Good signing for Wales. Let's be honest it's going to make Welsh RU fans take an interest in the games in some way.

If an RU club signed lets say Ben Westwood (random player) in the same year as the world cup and he started for England how many of us RL fans would tune in to see how he does? I for one would.

#26 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Makes the stories about Tomkins to the warriors with three players going to Wigan in part exchange seem quite plausible now. Especially if a couple are forwards. Though i have heard Tommy leuluai to return, which doesn't make much sense.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#27 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Sam going to the NRL - if true - would be the best bit of news from today's big news day.
We don't need forwards we need a full back.
Overall, if we can keep this year's squad together, with Mossop the only loss, then I'll be very happy whether Powell turns out to be a Stuart Evans or a Scott Quinnell.

#28 WolvesFanInTheUSA

WolvesFanInTheUSA
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

"Lenagan is also looking to offset the drain through the development of more homegrown players by committing an extra £100,000 annually to produce at least two youngsters for the first team every year, but he does not believe the exodus to Australia should be a concern.

Sam Tomkins has already been linked with a move to New Zealand Warriors, who signed Wigan scrum-half Thomas Leuluai at the end of last season.

“I don't think he'll go to rugby union,” Lenagan said. “I think he'll go to the NRL for the challenge and I think he'll come back to Wigan afterwards."

http://www.superleag...powell-to-shine

Odd statement coming from Wigan's chairman.  Maybe the Tomkins move is true...

#29 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Sorry! I had intended to put that in - that's the best bit IMO, can believe it slipped my mind!

Shame Wigan didn't hold onto that news for a few days, its going to be overshadowed now with the Powell/Mossop stuff and The ginger peal deserves all the attention the news would have brought him.

Disagree.

It was never going to be massive news in the national press.  But I think on the balance of everything announced today the Wigan faithful seem pretty content judging from what I've read on twitter and other forums.  If it had been drip fed, it'd have been all doom and gloom around the departures.

Hock was never going to play again for us.  Mossop will be a loss, but the news we have first call on him coming back is good plus, if we want him back it'll be because his shoulder has stood up to the toughest RL comp going.  Tomkins has been going since he signed his last contract no news there.

Powell has been well reported for weeks, Farrell is a proper dose of good news that I suspect, coupled with the "6 figure fees" we've got for Hock and Mossop takes out the doom and gloom of two internationals leaving.

#30 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

I hope the new Bradford board understand the concept of Wigan having first dibs on Mossop.

rldfsignature.jpg

#31 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

This is a good signing, wigan's squad is very weak, there are pies left over after each training session.

#32 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

Is this is worth the fuss? The Warriors are hardly lacking in promoting young talent. If they want this bloke (genuinely never heard of him) then crack on, no worries.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#33 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

This is a good signing, wigan's squad is very weak, there are pies left over after each training session.

The Wigan squad is so weak we're at the top of the league.

Admitted if Leeds win their outstanding matches by more than 120 points each match they'll go top, but we can hardly be described as weak.

#34 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

The Wigan squad is so weak we're at the top of the league.

Admitted if Leeds win their outstanding matches by more than 120 points each match they'll go top, but we can hardly be described as weak.

Whooooosh!!

#35 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

Whooooosh!!

whoooooosh back at you! Did you not notice the sarcastic tone and talk about Leeds winning by more than 120 points?

#36 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

Whooooooosh!

Can I play?

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#37 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Whooooooosh!

Can I play?

course you can... here have a paper airplane 

#38 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

:)

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#39 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Did anyone read Mossop's comments in today's Sydney Morning Herald? There's a very thinly veiled dig at Brian Noble.

#40 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

Not veiled at all. In fairness the wigan fans always said he had his favourites and no matter how well a youngster played they'd be dropped the week after.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users