Enland RL media release

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

#EnglandRL

England Rugby League captain Kevin Sinfield has today been unveiled as the new ‘Rugby League of The Extraordinary’ character ‘The General.’

The announcement, on St George’s Day, is part of the launch of the new England Rugby League website, www.englandrl.co.uk.

The new website is being launched with a special film about Kevin Sinfield, which sees ‘The General’ re-visit his first club Waterhead, who he joined at seven years of age.

The film includes contributions from England coach Steve McNamara and Sinfield’s England and Leeds Rhinos team-mates. It also includes a contribution from TV presenter Clare Balding and an insight into his extraordinary kicking ability as he gives a lesson in technique to England colleague Jamie Jones-Buchanan.

Kevin Sinfield will lead England in their only match this summer against the Exiles at The Halliwell Jones Stadium, Warrington on Friday June 14 (8.00pm). The International Origin Match is a crucial part of England’s preparations for this autumn’s World Cup and the launch of the new England website includes a special limited ticket promotion for the fixture which sees everyone who purchases an adult ticket get a free England supporters shirt.

The film of ‘The General’ and the Exiles special ticket offer can be seen on the new England website www.englandrl.co.uk

‘The Rugby League of the Extraordinary’ was created to celebrate the amazing feats and human endeavours in the sport of Rugby League. The campaign continues to be focused on increasing awareness of the strengths of the sport and helping to engage a broader audience for the Super League and the forthcoming Rugby League World Cup 2013 (RLWC2013).

This Friday – April 26 – marks six months to go until October 26 when RLWC2013 kicks off at The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. The opening ceremony will be followed by a double header of England v Australia and Wales v Italy.

England RL Media Team

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Good marketing! Well done the RFL!

*now awaiting the moaners

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#3 tw15

tw15
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Really, really good job.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Good marketing! Well done the RFL!

*now awaiting the moaners

General: adjective.

commonplace, everyday, familiar, humdrum, normal, ordinary, regular...

:P

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,870 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

As I said on the other thread, the theme works really well, looks very nice.

I like seeing a consistent theme being used, but with a fresh approach for every event.

#6 Rob

Rob
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

That is a great trailer....November 30th...can't wait.

#7 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

So he'll definitely be playing then!
Posted Image

#8 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Hope he isn't modelled on any 1st World War Generals!

Lions led by donkeys! :-\
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#9 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Hope he isn't modelled on any 1st World War Generals!
Lions led by donkeys! :-\

Like General Melchett :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 MOT

MOT
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

As I said on the other thread, the theme works really well, looks very nice.

I like seeing a consistent theme being used, but with a fresh approach for every event.

+1 Seemingly much more focused marketing this year

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Random tangent but one of my favourite things from my early SL watching ('97) was a Super League Merlin* sticker book, while these are old hat it'd be good to have something kids can nag their parents for in the lead up to the WC.

(* I thought it was Panini actually)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#12 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

Good to see they are sticking with Rugby League of the extraordinary rather than chuck it away after one outing. Nice idea and it has legs.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#13 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,581 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Good to see they are sticking with Rugby League of the extraordinary rather than chuck it away after one outing. Nice idea and it has legs.

Yes indeed; let's hope it can be developed and grow a bigger and bigger brand identity for the game as a whole.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#14 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Random tangent but one of my favourite things from my early SL watching ('97) was a Super League Merlin* sticker book, while these are old hat it'd be good to have something kids can nag their parents for in the lead up to the WC.

(* I thought it was Panini actually)

Something they should definitely be doing. Match Attacks cards are like currency in the school I work in! As are Moshi Monsters cards. This sort of thing would really get kids interested in our sports stars.
Posted Image

#15 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Something they should definitely be doing. Match Attacks cards are like currency in the school I work in! As are Moshi Monsters cards. This sort of thing would really get kids interested in our sports stars.

The Rhinos are doing something like that this year. I have a Sinfield and a BJB sticker :D

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users