Dewsbury Match

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#1 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

Mr. Leatherbarrow is the referee for our Dewsbury game. Interesting to note that Mr. Stokes gets the top match between Featherstone and Halifax.

#2 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

We need a performance at dews ,no more travel sickness.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Mr Stokes gets the the top match ... Hardly a ringing endorsement of championship level referees . I never thought I'd say this , but the couple of times I've seen Leahy this year , including the cup game , he's been just about the best . Yes I know that will bite me sooner rather than later !

#4 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Mr. Leatherbarrow is the referee for our Dewsbury game. Interesting to note that Mr. Stokes gets the top match between Featherstone and Halifax.

The young Haven reporter in the League Weekly had Mr Leatherbarrow as the referee for the derby match,

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#5 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

Looking forward to seeing how Karl Pryce is playing this year. Also a chance to see if Bobby Goulding Junior is anything like his dad.

#6 Dearham Lass

Dearham Lass
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Looks like Lawton will miss the Dewsbury match, named in the 19 man squad for the Widnes Friday night match. Good luck to him.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

His hattrick and burgeoning reputation isn't doing us any good !!! Be interesting to see what happens regarding Hulme and especially Briscoe. If we have the opportunity to use one or both of those , which I would take , that could free Connor up for the long awaited shift infield Charlo's wanted .

Edited by DavidM, 24 April 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#8 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Looking forward to seeing how Karl Pryce is playing this year. Also a chance to see if Bobby Goulding Junior is anything like his dad.

Goulding played for Doncaster against workington earlier in the season. Good kicking game and his dads brain but not as solid in defence. Worky should target him in the defensive line every opportunity they get.

#9 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

His hattrick and burgeoning reputation isn't doing us any good !!! Be interesting to see what happens regarding Hulme and especially Briscoe. If we have the opportunity to use one or both of those , which I would take , that could free Connor up for the long awaited shift infield Charlo's wanted .

hulme and Briscoe are not in the 19.

#10 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Flynn isnt in the Widnes 19 this week - could be an opportunity to use a big strong fast winger ( whos good under the bomob)  outside Hulme and leave Mossop in the centres with Miller - then move Connor into the halves ? thats off course if big red is injured

Edited by wonderofwood, 24 April 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hulme and either of the other 2 would do to play with Mossop & Miller in the backs . Connor to halves and even if he is OK maybe Big Red on the bench as 2nd row cover with no Brett , as Red looks like he's physically struggling with playing a full 80 . With Acton , Thacks and Matty that would be all bases covered on the bench , presuming they stay with last weeks starters in their positions . But then again , they'll probably try and fit Coyle in again somewhere , so we're just shooting the breeze !!

Edited by DavidM, 24 April 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#12 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

On what i have seen of Hulme so far there is know way i would play him in place of RED. On the bench yes. Thackary is still the best cover for Brett or Stacky in my opinion ????.

#13 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Sorry i ment to say shackley .

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

This is presumed on no Brett and Shackley starting . Impact is vital on the bench and utility is valuable to . We talk of Olstrum in that regard but Red would give both to , his size gives the former and covering centre and back row gives the latter ?And shorter more explosive bursts may help him physically .Just worth considering if Brett or Stacky go down. And Lawton making the grade in SL !

Edited by DavidM, 24 April 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#15 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

This is presumed on no Brett and Shackley starting . Impact is vital on the bench and utility is valuable to . We talk of Olstrum in that regard but Red would give both to , his size gives the former and covering centre and back row gives the latter ?And shorter more explosive bursts may help him physically .Just worth considering if Brett or Stacky go down. And Lawton making the grade in SL !

The game Lawton played for you was his first game in over 18 months and will get better.I sure you he will be a quality player and with so many injuries at Widnes we are short.I don't rate Leuluai or Wintersteine and I have him before them donkeys.

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

Don't need to convince us he's a quality player , it's written all over him . Size strength and skill with loads more to come . I'm just talking of the knock on effect of him potentially figuring more for you and less for us. But if that's the case and we need one later on there is surely another back rower we could take , it's the club link up not just 2 or 3 player link up ?

#17 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

lawton is quality but imagine the impact stack and phillips could make on super league as there both at this time considerably better than lawton
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#18 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

If Paddy Flynns available thats a no brainer he is quality. As for Big Red we cant have an outside back who regularly fails to complete the 80 how many games have we had to shuffle about and ended up with Stack or Shacks in the centres?

I agree with those who say we should use him as a back row forward
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#19 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

yeah reds fitness seems to be a bit behind everyone else and as gilly says you cant afford to shuffle your outside backs every game. mossop isnt a winger either, much better suited to use his quality defence, so move him to where he should be and utilise a winger from the vikings, i would probably go with briscoe there as weve also a lot better chance of his availability every week.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#20 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

Interesting to note who might be available from Widnes this weekend other than the two eventually not selected from the 19 man squad for Friday and those recovering from injury.
Briscoe (FB possibly W), Cahill (2nd R), Kavanagh (P), Flynn (W), Gilmore (SH) and Hulme.
Davies ( UF) has just been allowed to go on a months loan to Scorpions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users