Dewsbury Match

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#21 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

lawton is quality but imagine the impact stack and phillips could make on super league as there both at this time considerably better than lawton

Maybe but Lawton has only played 1 game in 18 months and that was for your team.Stack and Philiphs have had much more game time than Adam

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

Well Kavanagh has been linked with us before , so I wonder when we'll see him , and i'd definitely take a couple of the backs . We need to start motoring and this stage is key to the whole season , so I'll take as many good players as we can get to fill our weaker spots and holes now . Other teams we play will be hitting us hard with them .

Edited by DavidM, 25 April 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#23 pora pora

pora pora
  • Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

dewsbury should be too strong for town at home dewsbury 32 town 14

#24 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

The reality is every team in this lower group of 9 should be looking to win all their home games against other teams in that group . They're all 6 pointers really , and if you can go away and win at a rival in the table it's a massive double blow .

#25 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Town can win on Sunday if everything clicks and we travel why not, we can travel to jam and win why not dewsbury up the town 7-0 pora is over the hill

#26 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Absolutely , break that mental block . They've been in poor form after a good start , so why not ?

#27 pora pora

pora pora
  • Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Town can win on Sunday if everything clicks and we travel why not, we can travel to jam and win why not dewsbury up the town 7-0 pora is over the hill

the wins all 3 of them have been won by the skin of your teeth and a derby game doesnt reflect a seasons games its totally different dewsbury will be fired up at home  and looking to get back in the saddle and collect all three points without giving a bonus point away. 11 up

#28 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

the wins all 3 of them have been won by the skin of your teeth and a derby game doesnt reflect a seasons games its totally different dewsbury will be fired up at home  and looking to get back in the saddle and collect all three points without giving a bonus point away. 11 up

So your saying we have no chance to try and stir it up then. Given our away form apart from at your fortress you may well be right, but given on your last three games you have been beaten twice and your only win was a skin of your teeth home win against the mighty London Skolars I don't think your exactly in a position to crow either. Nevermind your 400 mute core of fans will no doubt lift the team on Sunday with polite clapping, individual obscene shouts at players and a little trumpet player.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#29 pora pora

pora pora
  • Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

So your saying we have no chance to try and stir it up then. Given our away form apart from at your fortress you may well be right, but given on your last three games you have been beaten twice and your only win was a skin of your teeth home win against the mighty London Skolars I don't think your exactly in a position to crow either. Nevermind your 400 mute core of fans will no doubt lift the team on Sunday with polite clapping, individual obscene shouts at players and a little trumpet player.

the topic was the dewsbury match and what i commented on,just because you beat haven doesnt mean you,ll beat everyone.some of your puddled fans even think your team is full of future sl players.well smell the coffee your below us in the league what does that tell you.after sundays results you could also be staring at championship 1.forget about haven or can you not?

#30 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Who said we were going to beat everyone , the focus is on winnable games against teams outside that elite 5 , and home form ,we've always been realistic about that . And not surprising we haven't made much progress lately we've hardly played !! And as for future SL players , I'd say potentially we have at least 6 of that standard , I can't think of one on your side from watching them . And after Sunday you could be staring at championship one , think about that ...

Edited by DavidM, 25 April 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#31 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

the topic was the dewsbury match and what i commented on,just because you beat haven doesnt mean you,ll beat everyone.some of your puddled fans even think your team is full of future sl players.well smell the coffee your below us in the league what does that tell you.after sundays results you could also be staring at championship 1.forget about haven or can you not?

the league is far from settled yet grandpa grandpa. Your are ahead of us coz you played keighley before they brought DR in and the eagles only had two days rest before travelling Up here to play you. Having seen you twice this season there's no way you would beaten the eagles team that was at DP this season by what you did. There's a long to go yet grandpa grandpa.

#32 pora pora

pora pora
  • Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

the league is far from settled yet grandpa grandpa. Your are ahead of us coz you played keighley before they brought DR in and the eagles only had two days rest before travelling Up here to play you. Having seen you twice this season there's no way you would beaten the eagles team that was at DP this season by what you did. There's a long to go yet grandpa grandpa.

widnes4me we can only play whats put in front of us and i think you,ll find sheffield had a full team who like ourselves had played friday,we just outplayed all over the park.a win away at keighley is a win regardless to pick up wins away in this league isnt easy.funny how the eagles team that beat you was in your deluded opinion the best team ever.well we beat them can you?

#33 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

If your so good and have a strong league position how comes theres a "woods out" thread on deludedfans.com. You have poor pack and will be down in the bottom 4 come the back end of the season. Yep widnes for me it is in the cup at home after we turned you over AGAIN. lol

#34 pora pora

pora pora
  • Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

peoples opinions differ mine is the guy is doing a good job at haven so far.masterminding wins away at barra and beating grand final winners from 2012 sheffield eagles,running batley, fax  close too so for me he can stay and continue building on that.wasnt that long ago your fans were calling for charlos head!!we are 8th in the league but within 2 weeks of this comment i would predict alot more happier camp at haven.if any team will be in the bottom four its town as you use all your energy scraping wins against us.your team were blowing out of their harris in the second half last week.we are in it for the long haul not just for one season.

#35 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

bkm + havenforever = pora pora

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#36 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

In it for the long haul? You won't even be here next season unless your crowds pick up.

Or I suppose you could just go bust and start up as Whitehaven 2013 or something.....

#37 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

peoples opinions differ mine is the guy is doing a good job at haven so far.masterminding wins away at barra and beating grand final winners from 2012 sheffield eagles,running batley, fax close too so for me he can stay and continue building on that.wasnt that long ago your fans were calling for charlos head!!we are 8th in the league but within 2 weeks of this comment i would predict alot more happier camp at haven.if any team will be in the bottom four its town as you use all your energy scraping wins against us.your team were blowing out of their harris in the second half last week.we are in it for the long haul not just for one season.

obviously your a contributor on deluded.com as you are dragging the comedy genius from there onto here as well. You are hilarious.

#38 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

A haven fan questioning Towns conditioning , erm the conditioning that keeps our pack rumbling and getting on top of them after 20 minutes right till the end , and which saw 6 players save a try by going that extra mile in defence right at the end . Our fitness and conditioning are beyond question .

#39 pora pora

pora pora
  • Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

A haven fan questioning Towns conditioning , erm the conditioning that keeps our pack rumbling and getting on top of them after 20 minutes right till the end , and which saw 6 players save a try by going that extra mile in defence right at the end . Our fitness and conditioning are beyond question .

is that the same pack thats won you all of 3 games dewsbury will match you up front in my opinion and come out on top in the backs hence why i posted dewsbury will win.

#40 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

If any one is blowing out of their arris, pora pora, it is you.    In a tough derby game Town only had 3 subs and then that went down to 2 when Morris got injured so, yes, if that meant they were blowing out of their arris' then what does that say about Haven's world beating 17?

You also forget that you have 14 points from 11 games whilst we have 11 points from 9 games.   You will probably come back and say but one of the outstanding games is away to Fev but seeing as how you also have to go to Fev then another game may be that outstanding game if you get my drift.  

Of the teams round about us you have only played York at home whilst we have only played Barrow and Haven so that doesn't mean that you have the easier fixtures as you are so fond of saying.    You also are asking Town fans to forget about Haven, well correct me if I'm wrong here, but what the h**l are you doing on here spouting your garbage?    I think it's you that needs to forget about Town but judging by the amount of threads you start on the Haven forum about Town you seem a little besotted with us!!!!

Edited by Keith T, 25 April 2013 - 04:36 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users